General

1. Allow aliases or additional user accounts to be forwarded

Many people interested in moving to a secure email provider are responsible for managing a family email domain. Sometimes, individual family members (a) do not want to move their address, or (b) are unable to because they couldn't use Tutanota because it is too difficult (compared to simpler, but non-secure products). (I have a family member in this category; they struggle, even after years of tuition, to use Gmail; there is no way I could force on them a different and more complicated email system).

It is always possible to host the custom domain with a registrar or other 2rd…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. classement des mails---ranking of mails

pouvoir classer les e-mails par ordre d'arrivée du plus vieux au plus recent et inversement
    Merci
    ---translate
    ability to sort e-mails in order of arrival from oldest to newest and vice versa
    Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow to manually specify the sender name per-email

I currently have to go to my settings change my Sender Name every few emails. I already voted for the "sender name per alias" feature which would be neat, but alternatively, something potentially easier/faster to implement would be to have a text field next to the "Sender" dropdown list that would allow one to manually set their display name for that email

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. (Beta) Don't log IP address

I see that the beta version logs IP addresses...could you get rid of that feature please? Or just make it optional, and don't log IP by default?

167 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. As this is an important security feature, we have asked the community how they would like to see this feature in detail: https://www.reddit.com/r/tutanota/comments/8abisz/new_client_stores_your_ip_address_encrypted_for/

As you requested, in the future the IP log feature must be atcivated by the user to guarantee everyone’s need for privacy is respected. We have now started this feature so we can change the encrypted IP log feature to opt-in before pushing the new client out of beta.

If you want to support our fight for privacy, please upgrade to Premium for only 1 € per month. :) Thank you!

5. Please add cash as payment option for premium upgrades!

It would be really great to be able to pay for the premium upgrade with cash, sent to you by postal mail or personally payed in your offices in Hanomaghof 2, 30449 Hannover.

The big advantages of cash are:
    - anonymous
    - decentralized
    - cash flow can not be monitored
    - very easy to use
    - freedom (can not be controlled by a central authority)
    - no dependencies (cash can be used by every human without being dependent on other things like internet, electricity, computer/smartphone, bank account, identity card, residence, workplace, residence permit)
    - not discriminating
    - nobody is excluded…

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I2p & TOR Support

Many sensitive documents may go through Tutanota, therefore many users may want to access it with full anonymity.
    I suggest using BOTH I2p and TOR for this.
    This post may get a lot of hate as it is very disputed between TOR and I2p and which is better for hosting encrypted and anonymous services. This is why I ask for both to be supported and not just one.
    For Info on the what makes I2p and TOR different: https://geti2p.net/en/comparison/tor

Another bonus of using TOR/I2p is because of the added encryption over HTTPS.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. After the update was disgusting and not convenient to work in the phone and on the computer. Why it was necessary to spoil the application w

After the update was disgusting and not convenient to work in the phone and on the computer. Why it was necessary to spoil the application working correctly I do not understand.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Desktop app layout with more display options

For the desktop client, please change the layout. The whole reason to have a desktop app is to have more flexibility and power than a web app or phone app, but it looks exactly the same. It would be nice to be able to sort your inbox by subject, sender, time, etc. like in Outlook.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Face ID to open the app on IOS

As a security feature we should have a option to open the app using a password or Face ID, and also self destructing timer emails once read by the recipient.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Use pages instead of scrolling through mails

Having a few thousand mails in my inbox, I find it hard to scroll down to reach one of my earlier mails. It is very unmanagable..

It should be possible and way more convinient for most of us if you would use pages. For example show max of 100 mails per page and to see the older 100 you can select te second page.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1) Stop blocking proxies. 2) do you give our login IP to the gov?

What the h??? 1) I use a proxy to hide from my gov. Yet you block Windscribe (public proxy). Can you stop endangering us?

I had to download a file from a gov website. But I had to make an email to do it. So I tried to make a new tuta email and was told I can only have 1 account. wtf.

How does tuta know I have more than 1 account on the same computer when I use different IPs? I cleared browser cache, reset MAC address, and IP. Yet somehow Tuta saved an ultra cookie to my…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I wonder why the industry-standard 256-bit AES encryption was not chosen?

I wonder why the industry-standard 256-bit AES encryption was not chosen. Today I found that my entire Tutanota email library has disappeared! No sign of it anywhere in my bookmarks.
    Browser-based JavaScript cryptography used by Tutanota is considered very insecure. Given what we now know about the extent of the NSA’s assault on encryption standards, most experts agree that AES-256 provides a higher security margin.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please stop blocking unsupported browsers from logging in

Although there was previously a button that allowed users to bypass the "unsupported browser" nag screen, that option no longer seems to be present. I'm completely locked out of my account unless I access it from a different computer and browser. I suspect there may be something in the redirect page that isn't being loaded correctly on unsupported browsers or platforms. Again, there is no longer any button to bypass this redirect page like there was before. Did something happen during the most recent update? I tried using the URL https://app.tutanota.com/#login/force but even that no longer works - it just…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. not charge for searching email

I have been using Tutanota for awhile. There are features I wish it had, but I know it takes time and money. But to charge me to search my own emails is not good. I saw that I was able to search from February 2019 to the present, but that's not much of a help if I am looking for an older email. To charge for this service is a dealbreaker.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. not charge for searching email

I have been using Tutanota for awhile. There are features I wish it had, but I know it takes time and money. But to charge me to search my own emails is not good. I saw that I was able to search from February 2019 to the present, but that's not much of a help if I am looking for an older email. To charge for this service is a dealbreaker.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. thank you all for the great project, but 1 more thing to add. Pls add ability to see , weather my e-mail was read by recipient..

very often common e-mail address like < info@business.com> are tuned by default (in all those pop3 settings!) to send conformation about my e-mail being open (i.e. seen).
    Good enough to know, weather other part has (at least!!) received it..
    every body understand, what I mean??

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Option to change default swipe action in mobile app

It would be nice if the app had a setting to change the swipe to left/right-functionality. For example, as in Gmail the swipe settings can be altered between Archive/Delete/Mark read/unread/Move to/Snooze. Except the latter, the other four would make great additions to improving users workflow.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. DSN (Delivery Status Notifications) - according to IETF.org RFC5337

Please implement the IETF standard according to RFC5337 (and others) for DSNs (Delivery Status Notifications).

It enables us to have a proof of delivered emails in any case, which is very useful in technical diffucult and legal and other cases.

Posteo.de and other services have implemented it already very successful. Please do so as well.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)