General

1. Allow the option for Android notifcations to display sender name and subject line if user so chooses

Allow customization of Android notifications in pull down tray and lock screen to give user option to show sender and/or subject.

I would like to know at a glance if the email is time sensitive or from an important sender by glancing at the notification, instead of seeing "New email received" and needing to log into the app to see if the email is worthy of my immediate attention.

I suggest that the DEFAULT setting remain show nothing sensitive or revealing, but instead allow users to elect to show sender and/or subject line in the notification if they so choose.…

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. enable Gmail users to migrate their information to Tutanota.

I would like to leave the Google universe, but have so much data in Gmail, that it seems like too much work. If it were possible to transfer my Gmail folders and email, that would be fantastic.

153 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Release the source code for the server (as open source)

Having the whole client open source is awesome for many reasons, but I think particularly for vetting the security of the server side, open sourcing the app code for the server would be a good next step. There are tons of TypeModels for API endpoints (https://github.com/tutao/tutanota/blob/master/src/api/entities/sys/PaymentDataServicePutReturn.js) but we have no idea what those APIs actually do. :) Particularly with payments, I did not expect payments details to go through Tutanota's API so directly (from the client), and I wanted to see how the server interfaces with the payment gateway.

Thanks for the great product :)

131 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please reconsider recycling usernames.

Providers like Fastmail or Mailbox.org do it and on those services users can't even keep an account active without paying forever.

Tutanota offers free accounts so anyone who wants the username not to be released could simply keep the account instead of deleting it. Many high value usernames have been wasted because they were deleted. It is still early days for your company in the big scheme of things so it isn't too late to make change.

I believe recycling usernames is an uncontroversial choice because
    1. You provide free accounts.
    2. You don't request any personal information.

I know…

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Android Account Google

In android it would be useful to connect a tutanota account to manage contacts instead of using Google. Thanks

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add "MARK AS SPAM" button and also a "NOT SPAM" button

Tutanota needs buttons saying "MARK AS SPAM" and also "NOT SPAM" for when e-mails are in your spam folder that shouldn't be. This would be a very useful feature.

149 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Give the option to completely disable the spam inbox

I've found the spam filter completely useless most of the time, with it marking things such as invoices, shipping confirmations, and account updates as spam. I would be nice to have the option to completely disable it.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Better inbox managing

The inbox rules were a big step forward, but the folders need improvement. When I get a notification for a new mail, I always need to check every single folder to find it.
    So, I have the following suggestions:
    - display in notification which folders have new mails
    - display in app the number of new mails near the folder name, or just make it with a different color or something until you first tap on it

Thank you, I'm glad that I bought premium!

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable "enter" key shorctut to sign in after typing 2FA code in browser app

When 2FA is enabled, a user is prompted with a messagebox with an input for the unique 2FA code. Currently, after a user types in their unique code they have to click on "OK" to sign in. This "OK" button is only accessible via a mouse click. As such, the user is required to return to mouse after punching in the unique code. Overall, this delays the sign in with a fraction of a second, yet it all adds up. Can you please allow the "ok" button to be clicked as usual via a click on the "enter" button? Thank…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Dark Mode UI for Desktop Client

It'd be great to have a dark-theme option available on the desktop client. This is one of the few eye-blastingly bright apps I run on my desktop and it'd be really great to have an alternative look.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. ...to introduce the option of manually selecting the next unread message after having deleted a message.

If I delete a message in my inbox or move it to another folder, the next unread message is selected automatically. It would be great if this did not happen automatically.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. More flexible layout

There are many ideas from co-users that ask for a more flexible layout.

Summarizing them users want to be able to:

1. rearrange the separate areas (The area where you have the sender/recipient and the title, The area where you read the actual mail
    2. Being able to shrink or enlarge each of the above areas by clicking and dragging the borders of each.
    3. Offering 2 different layout styles. Vertical or Wide view.

All the above are requested for web interface, desktop app and Android app also.

As this request has been made by many users expressed though in…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Color for folders

Add an option to give a folder a color.

Every folder has the same color. Tutanota looks and feels great, but with gmail and protonmail you can work with color label and folders.

For my business it is great to put the same type of clients in different folders with the same color. Would be very helpfull!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Tutanota is becoming a horrible service to you due to its IP banning!

Tutanota is becoming a horrible service to you due to its IP banning. Before in the past I could create an account using TOR and/or a VPN but now I can't do that because it keeps blocking my IP address.

If Tutanota respects user's privacy, then it should respect me using TOR for better anonymisation

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Warn users before creating an alias

Please create a bold and visible warning that requires acknowledgement before allowing users to create an alias that cannot be deleted. I'm a little annoyed that I created an alias with an incorrect spelling and can't delete it. If I had been appropriately warned that aliases can never be deleted beforehand, I would have quadruple-checked my spelling before creating it.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. When download multiple files with "Save all", Tutanota should compress all attachments

Save all should create a file with all your attachments in a .zip file instead of 20 separate downloads. Most times the browser will freeze upon clicking save all because the site sends like dozens of download requests at once.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow your customers to contact you.

Hi, I can not access my two emails which I had had for years. I use the correct passwords and logins. When I tried to use Lost account access your system asks a recovery code. The problem is that I had never received this code. I opened my emails several years ago when your service just started and at that time you didn't send me any Recovery Codes... How can I contact you to recover my email access? My idea is that you post a phone number or an email on your website to allow your customers to contact you…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. New TLD: tutanota.eu

What do you girls and guys think of the TLD tutanota.eu?
    https://tutanota.eu

210 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix the link to the privacy notice on signup

When you create an account at https://mail.tutanota.com/signup you have two links:
    * one to the terms and conditions
    * one to the privacy notice
    They both show the same content, because the second one is [ https://tutanota.com/terms#privacy ] but that anchor doesn't exist. It should probably be [ https://tutanota.com/terms/#13-privacy ] (but even that one wouldn't look good, as it would start hidden under the page header).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Implement a contact form for support

If a user can't access his account, then he has to contact the tutanota team by e-mail. This implies that he has to register a new account, although only one free account per user is allowed. For this reason, a contact form could be filled and upon submission of this form a code number (support ticket) will be given to the user so that he may follow up the status of his request.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 52 53
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base