I suggest you ...

Explain how to contribute code

I'm a developer and free software advocate. Tutanota seems like a cool project. But I don't see how I can get involved with contributing. There is no public issue tracker. No guide to get started. I wouldn't want to work on a feature without proposing it first and getting some idea if my work would be accepted.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminTutanota Support (Admin, Tutanota) responded  · 

We are very happy about anyone who wants to contribute code! We just need to check that the planned features does not depend on server-side changes. So it’s best to contact us first: support@tutao.de
    You can also do a pull request, and we’ll check your update in retrospect. However, we prefer to get involved first so that we follow the same aim. :)
    Thanks!

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I guess this is supposed to be a business model rather than "free" software. So I don't think they will share their full code in public nor will they accept contributions from outside the company. so there's also no need for a public issue tracker or something. Even though there is a free version of Tutanota I think the main goal of them is doing this for a living and sell premium subscriptions. I might be wrong however.

Feedback and Knowledge Base