I suggest you ...

Option to delete existing aliases

Perhaps there could be an option not only to deactivate but to delete aliases, especially if they are setup incorrectly or have only been created for a short period of time. For example a 24hour window to be able to delete them?
Many thanks,

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
B shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
declined  ·  AdminTutanota Support (Feedback Manager, Tutanota) responded  · 

Deleting Tutanota domain aliases will not be possible.. Custom domain aliases can already be deleted.
Apart from that it will soon be possible to buy additional aliases. This is tracked in a different feature request.

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Peter Bear commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, how comes you can't create aliases with your own domain ? Still blocked in the 5 limit, but this not tutanota addresses : "As email address can never be re-used, there is a limited number of Tutanota email addresses available" , well, but when you pay and are owner of your own domain I would like to do as many aliases linked to this custom domain .

This should be a separate feature

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really a killer, you're stuck with old aliases and have to buy an upgrade to have more than 5, instead of just removing old ones.

• James Slayton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thats a killer for me. I wouldn't ever purchase a service where I couldn't delete aliases. Being able to deleted aliases helps in the fight against spam. I can understand Tutanota's side to this, but instead of declining it, I think options should be looked into. My ideas of a workaround are beyond the scope of this reply.

• AdminTutanota Support (Feedback Manager, Tutanota) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Anonymous, we only allow unique registration of email addresses for security reasons. As email address can never be re-used, there is a limited number of Tutanota email addresses available. If we allowed the deletion of Tutanota domain aliases, we would take the risk of mass creation of email addresses, which would then be blocked for all users forever. Of course you can delete custom domain aliases.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please clarify why it is not possible to delete Tutanota domain aliases? When setting up my own email server, it was certainly easy to do this. I don't understand why it would be impossible for Tutanota to implement this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base