I suggest you ...

accept bitcoin for premium upgrade

Our banks and credit card companies don't need to know about our super private email accounts.

610 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BrianBrian shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

55 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

And waiting...

Been a Tutanota user for almost 2 years now. From day 1 I have wanted to buy into Premium. You then stated that bitcoin integration was imminent. So I waited. And waited. And still no sign of this integration.

Seriously, why do you not want my money???

What kind of bizarre attitude towards customers is this - you do not want us to buy your products? Yet, even while refusing us to buy your main product, you keep begging us to donate to you? WTF?

Hell no. There is zero chance I am using an email service with a "privacy" claim, and then compromise that privacy completely by using Paypal, CC etc. Basically, if I buy Premium, as a reward for this I get my privacy ruined - are you nuts?

Still would love to support the service (and get the Premium benefits on top of that, as the icing on the cake) - and NO, I refuse to "donate" to a company that clearly don't want (or need) me to buy their product.

Oh well. Let me know when you want my money for Premium and you will have them.

• MattMatt commented  · 

The idea of having cryptocurrency to pay stuff online is great. I can't wait for it. If should be there when this service was launched.

But Bitcoin by design isn't private for many reasons. If you buy coins in an exchange and send here... the transaction is registered forever in the blockchain and it links your account in the exchange (which they have all the data from you, ID etc) with tutanota wallet.

So far the best coin seems to be ZCash or one of it's forks, zclassic or zencash.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Frankly, I no longer believe you - this has been your answer for several years. It now sounds like spin and you have no intention to offer the feature. What's so special about Tutanota without privacy? Nothing.

• KeoniKeoni commented  · 

Donated via BTC and voted for the above worthy cause. ;-D

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Why is this taking so long?

I can implement a BitPay, BlockPay, Coinabse or similar widget in a day! Add a few more days to pass their KYC and done! "In Germany we were taught the value of privacy the hard way", says Bernd on your home page - and then you're sending us to friggin Paypal!

Remind me, how long has Tutanote been around by now? What are you guys doing?? Do you NOT want to take my money?

• McCarterMcCarter commented  · 

Hi.
        It's almost the end of the first half of 2017 and still no Bitcoin support. Why it's taking so long to implement it? I definitely want to buy Premium but I will not do this until you will not give me the possibility to pay by Bitcoin.

• Dr. Mac MallDr. Mac Mall commented  · 

Hi,
        If I donate slightly over 2 Euros in BTC would you be willing to upgrade my account to premium for a month? I'd be willing to pay more but would expect a longer contract. I do believe that my purpose qualifies for a 50% activist discount, but I can overlook that while you are working on streamlining payment.

• CrisCris commented  · 

I would love the option to pay with Bitcoin. I have another service which notice me one month ahead of expiring. Works excellent! And i can skip the bank and paypal (which i dislike)

• Anonymous commented  · 

I just attempted to upgrade to premium and did not because there was no bitcoin method.

fail for you tutanota.

• silvasilva commented  · 

First half of 2016 > First half of 2017 lol
        It shouldn't be that hard to implement a widely-used payment system. I'm not a customer right now just because I cant pay with bitcoin.

• ChimeraChimera commented  · 

Any ETA yet? I'll happily purchase premium features once I can use BTC...

• BBBB commented  · 

I too am waiting to upgrade with Bitcoin payment option. Also I happen to have additional funds in there which I need to spend / invest. I would upgrade (yearly subscribe) as soon as it is available.

• BBBB commented  · 

Here is an idea.. Accept Bitcoin donations as payment. You already offer a Bitcoin payment method for donations - we just need to add a reference / payment ID like user name. You could also have it so Bitcoin payment requires an additional minimum donation as a contribition the the extra work load.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

I, too, am waiting for cryptocurrency support for upgrading to Premium.

• SteveSteve commented  · 

I will upgrade to premium that day that I find out I can do so with BTC.

• ZirakZirak commented  · 

Very nice idea, I'd pay if I could pay with BTC.
        thanks

• V3x3dV3x3d commented  · 

I support this.

:-)

Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  · 

All of us waiting for Bitcoin integration ...!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base