I suggest you ...

Allow catch all account for custom domain.

When we assign our custom domains' MX records to Tutanota, it'd be nice to be able to delegate an account to catch all undelivered mail for that domain (*@mydomain.com), rather than limiting to 5 aliases.

It limits the potential loss of business from email address typo and is a feature I'd be willing to pay for (beyond the fees of a premium subscription). Thank you.

111 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
James Fu shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? I see that it's been "planned" since Jan 26 / 2016.

I think there is a distinction between catch-all and aliases.

On one hand, an alias like me@mydomain.com means that I can *send* and *receive* emails at this address and externally it appears as though me@mydomain.com is a distinct recipient (in that it doesn't disclose my main tutanota address nor other aliases).

On the other hand, a catch-all can only be used to *receive* email. If someone emails an address on which I've setup a catch-all, like typo@mydomain.com being received by a mydomain.com catch-all, then I must choose an actual address/alias from which to respond.

This is the only additional feature which I'm hoping for from tutanota, then I can operate a few hobby domains from my (happily paid) account without worrying about loosing emails to typos or mistaken addresses.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this or access to many more aliases. I'm not for sure the reason to restrict alias from a technical perspective. I have over 30 aliases on my domain (different alias for every service I use to track spam, etc) and I literally can't switch to your service until I can move without loosing my current email aliases.

• Robertson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with the sentiment here. This service seems like exactly what I've been looking for since moving my domains away from Google Apps, but a catch-all account is a must.

• dn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be most helpful when administering domains. Able to find common mis-spellings of user-/account-names to set up aliases or manually retrieve incorrectly addressed messages. (it is 'always' THE most valuable/time-sensitive/important messages which go astray, so a value-added service)

• Eluc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm waiting for this feature in order to migrate to an external encrypted email service like Tutanota. Of course inbox filtering must be present also in order to use this properly.

Feedback and Knowledge Base