I suggest you ...

offer the possibility of exporting emails

When somebody who doesn't have a tutanota account receive a email, he can export it as a .eml item and open it with outlook or others. I find this feature really great.
But, when we are tutanota users, all our emails are inmate from our tutanota mail box.
Why don't you offer the possibility of exporting our emails ?!

Thanks for your work. I'm looking forward using my own domain.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Download of (encrypted) archive is a feature which would move me from a free plan to the paid one. It is also fairly easy to implement. It seems that some highly paid consultant had the idea that a customer will be much likely to pay for upgrade when reaching the storage capacity quota for keeping old emails stored online. So hear me you Mr.Knowitall! Although some of us will possibly do that the main reason behind moving the archive IS NOT saving money(there's gmail for that, remember?) but rather having a control over our emails indefinitely and for some particular users the 6month privacy protection plays a big role as well.
    An appeal to the boss:
    You have the capacity. We want to pay for it. Does it ring the bell?

• Gio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Sorry, but having to export each email singularly is a bit of a pain.

Exporting the mailbox or at least multiple selection would help.

Thank You!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

no, it's not available yet, two years after you said it's available to everyone

• Oren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will it be possible to export multiple emails at once? I generally export all my emails (to a veracrypt volume) once a year. Maybe zip them up first?

• notDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Okay thanks, but that definitely needs to be improved;
    Currently if you want to backup for example your "Sent" mailbox, you have to export every single e-mail 1 by 1 ? Or am i missing something?

• notDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"This feature has just been released as part of Tutanota 2.0."

Where is it located? I can't find it anywhere in the Webclient...

Thanks.

• Colin Arnott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

does this mean that only premium users can export, or it will be rolled into the v2.0.0 along with premium?

Feedback and Knowledge Base