I suggest you ...

Whitelist for trusted users so they can send more than 100 E-Mails per day / Blacklist for bots

This idea refers to the limitation to 100 mails per day to prevent spamming introduced here: https://tutanota.de/blog/posts/release-notes-1-9-6

A way to write more than 100 mails per day is to become a premium user, but I also would like to have a way to put free users who are asking on a white list.

Also one could try to recognize, whether an account sends an impossible high amount of mails in a short time frame to identify it as a bot and put it on a (temporal?) blacklist blocking all outgoing mails. If it is not a bot the user can contact the support and is removed from the blacklist again.

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Claudius Ellsel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Claudius Ellsel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would it mean that much extra-affort? The question is, whether it is effective. Maybe an automated blacklist and sign-up bot checks is more helpful and easier to maintain.

• AdminTutanota Support (Feedback Manager, Tutanota) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Claudius, who should manage these lists? I also like the idea but we can not afford to put more time into support for free users. Please remember that we do not make use of your data (targeted ads etc.). Therefore, we have to keep costs as low as possible and need as many users as possible to upgrade to premium in order to finance further development and operations...

• Claudius Ellsel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No, it is not a duplicate. The whitelist suggested in the linked suggestion from you is a whitelist for the user who can decide which mails he receives. I suggested a whitelist for Tutanota that decides, which user can send which amount of mails.

Feedback and Knowledge Base