I suggest you ...

have an option to automatically load images, redesign the inbox page on the website

1. include an option to automatically load images

i don't mind not having images load automatically on my mobile, but when using the tutanota webpage, it's really ugly to see huge triangles exclamation marks with every email. i would like to be able to toggle automatic image loading when using tutanota on my mac.

2. improve the inbox layout (web)

the three columns take up a lot of space, making it very hard to read my emails at a glance, especially when most of them are html and end up as gigantic triangles and exclamation marks (see the first suggestion). i suggest eliminating the first column, maybe changing it to a row instead.

235 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James Scaur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1

If I can add all my newsletters into a specific contact list that displays remote images that would be awesome.

• Birch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I'd like to change my email settings so that all pictures in all emails I receive are automatically shown, instead of getting those black triangle exclamation marks. I understand that there is a minor possibility of having a less secure connection (sharing IP address, etc), but I think this choice should be for the informed user to make.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Protonmail has done this well. They have 2 settings, one for "Load remote content" auto / manual and another for "Load embedded images" auto / manual. Personally, I find that always have to load the images on my phone so that I can get rid of the sometimes huge triangles and see what's going on! On balance, having to click a 2nd time if I re-open an email seems more like a bug than a security feature. I would pay for premium if this feature and responsive display of HTML emails is introduced.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make a toggle for automatic image loading on/off in settings. I will not pay for premium unless this is done.

• Goerge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, wtf are you waiting for? Do this now. At least before you pressed the button and it showed the images, now with the new beta tutanota, you made it worse, now I have to confirm!!!?? wtf is wrong with you people?

• Andrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please...PLEASE...allow image loading default option. It's a pain to have to load images for every single email.

• ron1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It could be considered risky if all images were loaded automatically. Just have an option to allow images from chosen senders to be displayed. Or senders who appear in your address book.

• daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Loading an email properly once opened is extremely important to business users, there must be an option to load images automatically.

Feedback and Knowledge Base