I suggest you ...

Make it possible to really delete e-mail account (to register it as a new)

Really means, like it was never there. Name available again.
As i read all the ideas here, I want to use for example aliases which are not able to login in the future, which is not possible if i already registered the name, i'd prefer to use as an alias.

(Or, if i forgot the password, like me (but still logged in on mobile phone) and can proof that it's my account, it would be great to get it deleted and have the possibility of registering it again with the same e-mail address.)

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Manuel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminTutanota Support (Feedback Manager, Tutanota) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Frank, yes, that's currently the case. One user suggested we could let users decide upon deletion if the account should be available again for registration or not. We could do the same for failed registrations. This might be an option.

• Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

what if registration was only half completed - an error occurred while waiting for the new email address to complete registering but trying to login always gives "Tutanota
    Es ist ein unerwarteter Fehler aufgetreten. Bitte versuche es später erneut."

I guess that mail address is now lost, as I can't re-register it, right?

Feedback and Knowledge Base