I suggest you ...

Focus ONLY on secure email for now.

Do NOT branch out and worry about cloud storage or other separate items. I would rather that you be the most secure email provider on earth, than to only be fairly secure because you are trying to offer other services.

130 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. The email client still needs a lot of work. I prefer an application that does one thing extremely well over one that does many things poorly.

• J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh yeah, not to mention the email headers are still being sent in the clear...

• J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Spideroak does encrypted backup quite nicely already, and I don't need yet another calendar. I don't want Tutanota to become the swiss army knife of my computer. I just want secure email done right... aliases, PGP support, inbox rules, encrypted search.

You guys have a backlog of essential email features and you're branching off into other products instead. Do one thing and do it well!

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I asked Tutanota about emails they told me that emails are physically deleted from their server upon deletion from the Trash folder. I think the better question is how secure are YOU? If you are using the password feature of sending secure emails (I'm using Wickr to send the password) then even if they turned over everything that was in the Inbox, it would all be encrypted garbage. :) THAT... is kool.

• ogistic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How secure is Tutanota? Example: If the police got a warrant for my email account, would your company hand over all my emails to them?

Feedback and Knowledge Base