I suggest you ...

allow me to download a backup of my tutanota email

So e.g. "Download a copy of your email" -> sends me an mbox (or gzipped mbox) with all my mail in it?

382 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ferka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another request for an encrypted backup files (or non-encrypted file download over encrypted connection). I'm really not comfortable using the service with the risk of losing all prior communications.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a paying user too, I like privacy but this missing feature is a must have. I recently experienced a total loss of my communication with protonomail (inbox, sent, archived, trash) and nobody is able to recover them, I don't know to face the same problem here. Thanks

Looks pretty natural to me! Otherwise it means i am no more the owner of these mails sent and received.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My email has been compromised please send me a back up I’m not sure of my name I set the account up with because email was atttached to phone please help law enforcement agencies have my phone

• Noah B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

id like to be able to download per folder. i.e. download inbox, archived or sent folder as zip.

since export is planned anyway, would you be able to add the option to choose and extension of the saved email files? So for certain emails id want in pdf and others in doc or xls and so on.
    pls, anything, just not .eml...

I would be satisfied if you could provide an export and download the data encrypted.
    According to that: https://tutanota.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/470732-what-encryption-algorithms-does-tutanota-use

you use a hybrid method of encryption.
    If you could provide some details about the way we should decrypt maybe the users will create the
    code needed and we can decrypt in our computer.

I think the above is not very difficult and it's the fastest solution for you to provide the users a way to access their emails while your service is offline or for backup reasons.

Also I do no not think that this compromises security since the data will be transferred encrypted and
    only the user has the encryption key.

• Ronnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must as no-one can be confident not having access to their email for backup or off-line purposes. I have long been a paying user but cannot continue to support if this isn't implemented. Downloading one email at a time is just to much effort.

Indeed, hadn't realised it doesn't exist and I _AM_ a paying customer. This would be top of the list

• pete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Must-have feature for a permanent switch to tutanota from my current provider.
    I need a local copy of my emails for backup purposes.

Look, it's really offensive to have all my mail trapped inside tutanota. It's hyper-time-consuming to try to copy them one at a time.... I'm sufficiently fed up with this that I am dumping tutanota, goodbye.

• Hi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support, also maybe an option in each individual email to download the selected email. And maybe download in rich text format rather than plain text.

A real must guy's. If you want businesses (paying customers and I'm one of those potentially), this is another critical aspect. It makes total sense to enable the client to download their emails in a secure manner. It shouldn't take that much to do it either. Further as suggested below, it will assist in resource management for yourselves.

I have a need to have all emails kept on my server with my client specific info (all one place) and not some here, there and everywhere as would be the case using Tutanota and others. Hence my reluctance to get fully on board.

• notDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, i don't understand how people can use this service without any local (encrypted) backups;

For example https://www.lavaboom.com just disappeared, without backups all your e-mails would be lost...

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base