I suggest you ...

Remove Google Maps and add OpenStreetMap to Contact page

The whole point of switching to Tutanota is to free ourselves from Google's grip.

However, in your contact page (https://tutanota.de/contact), you use Google Maps for localization, which can be a privacy concern for your users. I recommend deploying an OpenStreetMap slippy map. See https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Slippy_map for more information.

196 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    NicolasNicolas shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ForesterForester commented  · 

Absolutely legitimate and excellent comment! I support it! The Google and other "mainstream" big companies and coorporations have nothing to do with the Tutanota! :)

• anonymousanonymous commented  · 

Please remove all google apps from tutanota! One reason I am using your service is to be secure against google and its databases.

• Anonymous AnonymousAnonymous Anonymous commented  · 

Anything that disassociates end users from Google is a good thing. I'd rather have a poorer quality map than be tracked by Google.

• RichardRichard commented  · 

Yes, very good suggestion. openstreetmap.org is excellent and seems much more in the spirit of tutanota.

• NicolasNicolas commented  · 

Alex, OSM's coverage of Germany is excellent, and Europe in general is excellent too.

• AlexAlex commented  · 

Good ideia, despite it doesn't have the a really good database yet when you think the whole world. They must think of an attractive service for everyone abroad, and unfortunatelly, google is the better yet.

Feedback and Knowledge Base