I suggest you ...

Choosing language under "Settings"

Currently, the Tutanota app appears to be running the same language as the one used by the browser or operating system. Sometimes, it is useful to be able to choose the mail client's language, regardless of browser or system settings.

For instance, Tutanota also supports languages that aren't supported by other software. This makes those locales virtually unusable.

Could you please add an option to choose/switch the locale for the Tutanota app?

253 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Getoar shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

37 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how do you find the setting, i have to try to restore my password, i know that i am using the correct password i wrote it down

How to change tutanota app language to english? I didn't found any option or button to change language :/

I mean date in the body of the letter, writing in your locale language e.g 1 Oct, or 1 Окт.

This feature with switch locale in settings is very needed. Because when you repply to emails, your locale date is writing to email, and compromises you. Also it deanonimize you and your browser locale. I have to manually change the date in the body of the letter, and it explodes. Please add this function

• None commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ahaha, there is paid plans but still not possible to switch to english.
        There is partial translation to Russian and graphics issues.
        Business!!!

Come on IT , don't disappoint so many users, I already signed up and I see dutch browser, I am Polish but I would love to have my tutamail in english language. It can't be so hard to manage, Right?

• marta57 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bitte machen Sie eine freie Wahl der Sprache nicht über den Browser oder den Ort, und auf Wunsch des Benutzers - es ist einfach...

Bitte +1 Stimme für Spracheinstellungen nach belieben, nicht nach Browser oder Location. Bitte bitte bitte :))

I am in Ecuador (language spanish) however I speak English and would like my tutanota email to be in English. how can this be changed

I need it too. My browser is set to English to minimize browser fingerprinting but I want my Tutanota mailbox in a different language. Why is manually setting a default language not possible? It can't be rocket science.

Also just signed up to test the service and am deeply disappointed to see that my inbox is in German - even though I speak German. Just not used to it nor do I want to get used to it because most of my mailing is in English. Browser is set to English. System language to English too, just the location (in Windows) is set to Germany. That the reason for the inbox picking it up? I will likely not stay with the service let alone upgrade to a paid plan.

• Tetiana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is that so hard to do? Why is it still not done? And even have not been reviewed since 2015?

• Henry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fully agree with that requirement. Tha's an esasy option to implement and is a must.

• Denis Bisson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's really strange that it is still not possible and still no explanation why. You know, if it's not possible, too difficult or there is a technical or special reason for why, you still not implement the possibility to set the language within the web page, well, say it... We'll understand or at least we'll know.

Like [xis] is saying, it's true that it's a little frustrating to see the smiley in the support page after the support is saying to change the language of the web browser itself.

Anyway... I also voted for this as a something that it should be natural to have as an option...

• Duilio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My current system is in spanish, my google chrome is in spanish, but tutanots is in english by default, and no option to change anything under tutanota "settings".

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base