I suggest you ...

Inbox Rules

Having inbox rules empowers the user to manage their email efficiently and effectively and improves the work flow of the user.
This suggestion is an ability to create user defined rules that handle incoming emails. For example, an email from a defined name, email address or domain gets put in a defined folder or is tagged. Another example would be a rule for auto deletion of emails where an incoming email could be tagged for example as 'Social' or 'Newsletters' and is auto deleted after a defined time period, for example 1 month. Inbox rules would complement a Block List feature whereby emails from particular email addresses or domains are not delivered to your inbox.

1,274 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Inbox rules are now available to all Premium users!

After an intensive internal discussion we have decided that inbox rules is a feature that only heavy email users need. We hope that you agree with our decision and that you are willing to upgrade. We keep the price for Premium as low as possible so that everyone can afford it: It’s only 1 Euro per month.
https://tutanota.com/pricing

In addition to the extra features, you also help us to develop faster and to keep fighting for our privacy online. Thank you very much!

44 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Karl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the option to set up rules using Sieve. It's extremely useful, and Protonmail has it as well.

• jj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ummm problem, the inbox isn't loading and I am not being allowed to delete email repeatedly getting the 'oh-oh message" what is up with this issue? Of course I won't get your reply either based on the fact my inbox won't load.

• hache commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If its the final version of the inbox rules to me it's very limited for example when you create inbox rule you can't edit you whould need to delete and create rxampl and the rules don't have conditional elements ("and" "or") so if you ceeate 2 rules with diferent destination folder that match one email how the rules apply?

• Gravity commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. We need counters. As of now, if you enable a rule, for some email to go into a folder, when an email comes you get the notification, but the email is in some folder due to the rule and you don't know as there are no counters on the folders + the notification just said "new email" .

• Jason Hernandez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the update - I think an "unread message counter" on folders and perhaps some more detailed push notifications will make the new inbox rules much more useful. Power users will need to know where new messages are going.

• Albert Castro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be Very useful if we could select several messages at once to delete or other actions, instead of having to open the messages one by one so we can delete them.

• jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I strongly support inbox rules. In particular the ability to filter incoming emails into specific folders.

I like the idea of associating auto deletion for emails either tagged or alternatively filtered to folders such as 'social' or 'newsletters'

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will be a very welcome feature. I can manually move emails to their respective folders, but only because I don't have a high incoming volume despite having made Tutanota my primary address on practically everything for which I have an account.

• gme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have over 2,000 emails in my Inbox that I can't do anything with. I can't read them. I can't sort them. I can't delete them. Because selecting more than one message is impossible. I would love nothing more than to send these messages to the Trash. All they are doing is wasting Tutanota's disk space, and my time.

• Jared commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just throwing my two cents in: Mailbox by Dropbox is ending. Their "Later" feature was a godsend. Sometimes I need an email out of my inbox until it's needed, e.g., say I get a message about work on Sunday I swipe it to "Later" and use the date picker for Monday. It's out of my inbox and I can rest assured that relevant Monday emails will reappear when needed.

I came to Tuta because of its simplicity — please keep it; even if that means ignoring pet feature requests like mine. That said, this and other Mailbox features could help Tuta get more clients needing a new home in the next few months as Mailbox closes down.

• Manfred B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Inbox Rules - additional comment
    Filter rules and actions are great, and they need to be testable. A feature "Apply rules to Inbox" would be great.

I would like the ability to add a filter that sends notification to external address for matched messages. so it would not forward the message itself (insecure), only send a notification, so then I can come read it on tutanota.

And making the settings for this user-friendly would be awesome, i.e. being able to right-click the folder to edit rules (or putting a button in the header bar etc.)

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base