I suggest you ...

Create a desktop application for OS X, Linux, and Windows

Just signed up and -love- the service and simplicity. Very well done, guys!

I have a strong desire to have the SAME application for e-mail on Windows, OS X and Linux, as well as my iPhone and Android devices. I know that's a lot of platforms to support, but if you were able to leverage some of the code behind GitHub's Atom editor (github.com/atom/atom), you might be able to bring a desktop client out for OS X/Windows/Linux much more quickly by leveraging your existing web app.

All things considered however, this is a great service that I really like. Way to go!

2,379 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    J. Austin Hughey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminTutanota Support (Admin, Tutanota) responded  · 

We are happy to inform you that we have started to build desktop applications for OS X, Linux and Windows. Desktop clients will enable you to import emails to your encrypted Tutanota mailbox as well as give you offline access. Building desktop clients is an extensive project, so we cannot give an exact ETA.

If you would like to support our development team, please donate to Tutanota: https://tutanota.com/community#donate

We use this money to further grow our development team and speed up our development: https://tutanota.com/blog/posts/welcome-ivan

Thank you very much for your support!
    Your Tutanota Team

87 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Très bonne idée, ça plairait à tout le monde je pense! En tout cas je remercie toute l'équipe de Tutanota pour toutes ces suggestions qui voient le jour. :-)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

zap900, malheureusement il n'y a pas encore d'application pour quelconque OS pour le moment. Tu peux cependant avoir des notifications qui t'avertisse d'un nouvelle e-mail reçu à partir de ton navigateur internet!

• zap900 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bonjour

Ou est l'application tutanota pou Windows ?
        sans elle comment être averti d'un message ?

• GypsySoul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another vote for a desktop app for OSX, please ;-) ... love Tutanota on my iPad, but spend more time on desktop. Thanks for great service. I follow on Twitter and always retweet!

A Qt Quick port would be great. It would cover all the common desktop and phone platforms (Android, iOS, Linux, Mac, Win) as well as lesser-used platforms like Sailfish OS, Ubuntu Phone, Windows Phone, and Blackberry 10.

Ich bin von Tutanota überzeugt wünsche mir aber eine Möglichkeit, wenn möglich mir zur
        Vereinfachung das Programm zu starten, ein Icon am Desktop ablegen zu können.
        mit freundlichen Grüßen
        Alfred Greischberger

1 2 3 5 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base