I suggest you ...

Rich text editor and Signature

Could you please add a Rich Text editor for composing email? I will then be able to choose my font type, size etc.

In addition, it would also be great if I can set my default signature for every email I send out too. Thanks!

462 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Alex shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suppose one could always compose e-mails in a text editor and then copy and paste? But not very convenient...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had same problem. Switched over, told clients, then found it was hopelessly lacking in functionality and had to tell clients not to use it after all.

• Mads commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The bullet markup funktion (addin * + enter) seems flaky to say the least....

This is a feature that I actually assumed was part of the product. I think basic formatting is not too much to ask.

• Pieter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very convenient - and that is an understatement - to indent, use bullet lists or numbered lists or to use at least some fonts and to include hyperlinks in an easy way.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No WYSIWYG editor into the new client... Wow, still not planned?

I agree with this. The current text size seems rather large, and I wonder what it looks like to my recipients. Please, please add a simple text editor as soon as possible. Thanks!

At the very least, being able to indent paragraphs would be great, to distinguish quoted text from your own words.

• J W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was very excited about informing all my contacts of my new Tuta email, only to find that there is no rich text editor. It's a massive risk migrating emails over, only then to have the hassle and embarrassment of migrating again weeks later. I will delay spreading the Tuta word until they get this sorted. It's 2016, not 1993.

• Mike Light commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the time I have to bring up Microsoft Office if I want to format an email and this is inconvenient. Please include basic formatting tools in the interface, font size, type, color and basic paragraph formatting. You will save me some time and energy and quite possibly get me to subscribe to the paid version of Tutanota.

• Magdalena Art commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But WHAT IS the rpely of tutanota?! I just switched & try heavily to involve people BUT... it is really close to impossible to formate any text... AND tutanota does not react to our pleads!...

• Mario commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear,

Dear Meike, Tutanota is very basic and i like that :-) You don't have to be like gmail, hotmail ore anymail runs by the masters of apple ore windows... But just a few extra buttons could be helpfull....I hear its on your bucktlist to do that..Thanx and Regards...Mario

I know signatures are already there with Premium but I REALLY want Rich Text formatting/editing for bullet points, etc. I know that Ctrl+B/I gives me bold/italic, but it's all just far too basic at the moment to make this my first choice of email account, and getting my family to switch is nigh on impossible because of this. They're using iPads and can't work out how to add any richness to the text etc so have given up.

Hi guys really do need an email signature, most important thing for my business. Think this should be a priority issue for you guys.

• Nico commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Tutanota Team, signatures are very important! Please add it to your roadmap, so we don´t need to copy our signatures anymore...

Feedback and Knowledge Base