I suggest you ...

Encrypted chat

Something like Instant Messenger, but encrypted?

351 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    John shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are plenty of secure, end-to-end encrypted — and even open-source — solutions available for chat. How is this necessary functionality for an email provider? It isn't.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

JUST ADD CHAT VIEW INSTEAD
        There is no need for a new protocol.

• jP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too fail to see why this would need to be done by tutanota. We have other services/apps for that.

• Max Schons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Vote Against - we have Signal for instance. Please focus on developping the best encrypted email service available.

• YSB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One more vote against this.

Please focus on developping email services Tutao Team.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another vote against this. Stick to email.

I know this feedback system is run by Uservoice, but if there were a way to downvote an idea that would be good and might get rid of some of these crazier ideas.

• Martyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Try Signal from Whispernet, let the devs concentrate on delivering a better secure email service.

• Jason Hernandez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think a partnership with Conversations.im to provide secure XMPP services could be very interesting. They're also based in Germany, and they've enhanced XMPP to use the Axolotl protocol (OMEMO). It seems like adding an XMPP offering might not be too difficult at some point, if there's a decent FOSS web XMPP client that could be integrated into the Tutanota client.

• Jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please stick to email.

Whatsup is now end to end encrypted with signal and their core focus is chat.

Please stick with email.
        Secure chat solutions already exist, have a look at Signal.

• notfound commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still chat with friends on google hangouts, and sometimes use Chatsecure on my tablet... but a built in encrypted chat in Tutanota would help me bring them on board here.

Yeah, this is a must, it makes sense to leverage to security and paradigm of Tutanota for messaging ... why have secure/encrypted email but insecure messaging (as well as the hassle of having to use a different tool). That's one of Google's strengths - everything is integrated.

• Albert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It can be the master usefull if work as hangout from Google. Login in Tutanota and start a encrypted chat with somebody who you sent a encrypted e-mail or another Tutanota user. Just AMAZING!!!

• ludi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's GOT to work in our browsers like Tutanota does itself, in Firefox (& on XP at least!) as well as on mobile. Like we use LINE here in Taiwan, but that is NOT encrypted. But it is available on Desktop and on smart phone! millions of people still use XP without any problems.
        Kontalk is not available for Desktop, sad to say.
        Please implement CHAT soon! Thanks.

• Messgorough Ulaire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes but please don't use google play services for push notifications, please use your existing service as it's more efficient and can't be used to de-anonymise the user.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base