I suggest you ...

Firefox/Chrome extensions to notify when new message arrives

Something similar to X-Notifier. There is a button on statusbar that show the number of unread e-mails on the inbox, notifies you when a new arrives and get you straight to your inbox with one click.
I know the present web version already have notifications if it's enabled, the difference is that you don't have to leave tutanota loaded at all times in one tab.

60 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Yuri Ramos shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • RejZoR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Official notification extension for all major browsers Firefox/Opera/Chrome/Safari are a must. Notifiers are important to us folks who want to keep up to date with received mails as soon as they arrive. But I always feel uncomfortable using a secure mail service and then have notifier that does god knows what with my credentials. Which is why all secure e-mail services should provide official notifier extensions for their services. Only this way you can be 100% sure it's safe. I'm not asking for anything fancy, just basic notifier that shows number of unread mails and when you click it, it opens up the Tutanota mailbox. That's it. Should be easy thing to make for a good programmer, but would help us users immensely.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For your consideration: you want secure and anonymous email, hence you consider Tutanota. Then you take a browser extension (perfect for your unique online browser profile BTW), fill in your user name and password (in clear text, which then is saved in clear text) and send unencrypted traffic back and forth to check whether there is new mail on your anonymous account. Hmmm... And you were interested in Tutanota because..?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any sort of App or Extension which replicates the convenience the mobile platforms offer would be really appreciated.

Feedback and Knowledge Base