I suggest you ...

An encrypted calendar

I am searching for a fully encrypted cloud-based calendar.

2,246 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminTutanota Support (Admin, Tutanota) responded  · 

Building an encrypted calendar is at the top of our to-do list right now as we desperately need a solution to schedule and share calendar entries securely ourselves. However, first, we have to finish the new client to push it our of beta and update the Tutanota Android and iOS apps so that you can use your encrypted mailbox with very good speeds and many more features on all your devices. Once we are done with that, we will build the encrypted calendar.

Thank you very much for your continuous support.

116 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Marvo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to sync everything on my android phone to tuta, instead of gmail

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to sync everything on my android phone to tuta, instead of gmail

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Der verschlüsselte Kalender sollte auch das CalDAV-Protokoll unterstützen !

The encryptet Calendar should also available via CalDAV !

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Focus on email primarily, Tutanota! Be the best *email* provider, and then consider offering other services. Calendar and email are different

• Getoar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would this mean I could replace the Google Calendar on my Android device? I'd hope to do that with contacts, too. Google's refusal to support encrypted services is worrisome.

• SwissTengu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Might be cool to get in touch with Flock (Whispersystem)… they already propose encrypted contacts and calendar, along with android app, might be good to get their hints (or even help) and, wonder of wonders, a link from tutanota (they don't provide any desktop app for now, not sure for iOS).

• Keeman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will it ever be possible to use an email client like Mac Mail to send tutanota mail? I'm guessing no since there are additional steps for adding password security etc but was hopeful someone could find a way around.

I hope you guys develop a text messaging app, calendar etc. I want to fully get away from the unlawful eyes for no other reason than because I'm sick of them selling our data for profit.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is essential. With the Thunderbird team fully committed to it's development and it's usage increasing dramatically in recent time it would be great to see an add-on for Thunderbird that will allow for syncing of the calendar and also of your contacts. They are shipping Thunderbird with the calendar add-on Lightning as default in their next addition so it would make sense to have support for this.

• hauptstadtkind commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A calendar would be great! Please don't forget to implement time zones from the very beginning. There is no open souce calendar yet which has fully implemented time zones. However, this is very important in the international context (ie. for flights). As long as a calendar doesn't support time zones, it can't replace Google Calendar.

• Chris Laf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely Secure on-line CardDav and Caldav functionality would be a big plus. I would pay a flat rate for that service.
        Keep up the good work

• Thomas C. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Calendar, Email, Contacts, all these would be great, but a corresponding range of apps for Android and iOS is a MUST. Without these, I would be unable to switch from Google's services.

• Ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to share and keep a secure group calendar would be nice. Mine, theirs, ours but limited to the group members.

1 2 3 4 6 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base