I suggest you ...

An encrypted calendar

I am searching for a fully encrypted cloud-based calendar.

2,246 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminTutanota Support (Admin, Tutanota) responded  · 

Building an encrypted calendar is at the top of our to-do list right now as we desperately need a solution to schedule and share calendar entries securely ourselves. However, first, we have to finish the new client to push it our of beta and update the Tutanota Android and iOS apps so that you can use your encrypted mailbox with very good speeds and many more features on all your devices. Once we are done with that, we will build the encrypted calendar.

Thank you very much for your continuous support.

116 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Yordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could we import contact from google or me.com ? or vcard ou outlook contacts?

Could we import mail from another webmail?

• Jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be great if this calendar feature would support SHARED calendars between other users on a shared premium account. So a team can share key dates as opposed to just an individual calendar.

• Deej commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was wondering would the encrypted calender be a separate app or included in email app

• Shadow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you guys! Calendar will be an amazing addition to your current service. Just became a premium, hope this helps.

• Anon Alias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Calendar: +1
        Email address requirement: -1

I'm donating first thing payday. I'd love to see a calendar and cloud storage tutanota style.

• Tim Malone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am already a premium member. Keeping my fingers crossed that you can get this done. Thanks.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought a synology and tried to make my own cloud, but its hard and keep crushing often. Also would appreciate some encrypted calendar. When tutanota starts to offer callendar?

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely love Google's services. Gmail, Calandar, Maps, Translate and Search work exactly the way I like it. It's just that they completely screw you over privacy-wise. Same for Facebook. Both Google and Facebook would be perfect if they would keep my information private and encrypted instead of analysing it, storing it, selling it on and just handing them over to any official agency that just asks for it. Hence I got rid of Facebook alltogether and shifted my mails to Tutanova.

So my point is, if anyone can create more or less the same services, but to be used anonymously and encrypted and my info does not get used in anyway: YES PLEASE. I would even pay for it to keep my info safe and private. You are coming quite close with your email service Tutanova! Keep up the good work! I hope you will replace Google one day. Calendar would be very much appreciated, especially in combination with sync to an android app.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would also appreciate a calendar as I do have Tutanota configured using a custom domain, but I am not able to send calendar invitations

• Carl J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate everything that google make and stand for and even though I respect and have used Countermail and Protonmail as my main e-mail addresses until I discovered the mail client with the funny name... so I'm really looking forward to all features and since I work as a IT security manager at a fairly big company in Scandinavia I have even thought about a design for it but it's kind of hard when you don't know all techs you need to know for being able to manage that.

I'm waiting for an implemented perfected and fully encrypted IM too so come on now guys! =)
        Been trying to hack Wickr for 8 months now with no result, buy them and save some money =)

Buying the premium now anyway to show my support....

• Hauptstadtkind commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree to ToxicJ. Focus on email and address book first. There is still a lot to do. Calendar is a nice feature but a very big thing. I just wanna mention time zones, sharing options, import of/subsciption to 3rd party calendars, team calendars, DAV etc. Use your little manpower for other things.

• ToxicJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea... But I'd rather see your core email service improved first (apps, UI/UX, et cetera). Tutanota is great at what you guys do already, but focussing on further maturing your primary product -email- should be your focus.

In a year or two, branching out to calendars, to-do's, and other productivity products would be awesome. But right now I just enjoy having the most secure, private webmail around.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't wait for the Tutanota Calendar! It's the final piece of the puzzle for us: Email, Contacts, Calendar - all fully encrypted and secure.

Please let us know when you anticipate release! We will gladly subscribe to a Premium Account.

Feedback and Knowledge Base