I suggest you ...

An encrypted calendar

I am searching for a fully encrypted cloud-based calendar.

2,246 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminTutanota Support (Admin, Tutanota) responded  · 

Building an encrypted calendar is at the top of our to-do list right now as we desperately need a solution to schedule and share calendar entries securely ourselves. However, first, we have to finish the new client to push it our of beta and update the Tutanota Android and iOS apps so that you can use your encrypted mailbox with very good speeds and many more features on all your devices. Once we are done with that, we will build the encrypted calendar.

Thank you very much for your continuous support.

116 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Unsub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm puzzled by the angry comments. You're building an awesome service. I hope you get to this soon and I'm sure you are working your hardest. I do have a question: is it possible to do an encrypted calendar compatible with CalDav, or is that technically infeasible (as it is to provide your email service by IMAP)?

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's super to read the calendar will be offered. Hopefully with an option to share the calendar with other Tutanota users?
        Would love to share the calendar with my wife, with both our own account on Tutanota.

• Ed Movius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

May I suggest that everyone complaining about the slow calendar development reach into their pocket and upgrade or make a donation. Thank you.

• getwriting commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I currently use Fruux, it has a nice fully featured calendaring tool for web and mobile. Development is non-existent though. I looked at NextCloud too; it has potential, but the whole eco-system is very brittle, it breaks easily. I couldn't depend on it if I was running a production environment. But certainly, Contacts, Calendars, Kanban, Notes, local and Cloud Storage and Chat/Video were all supported.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are looking for a email/groupware solution for our new company starting next year. The calendar is a must have feature for us. So please be transparent about the progress and the timeline. Otherwise we will have to find a different provider.

This "continued support" for two years appears to be fruitless. Eventually when promises are unfulfilled time and time again, people will inevitably cease to provide support. This shows lack of credibility and priority to an important feature needed on a daily basis. The "plan" is to inevitably bait support to develop other features, making this the last priority.

• ASK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be awesome. Anything to get away from Google Calendar. And tbh the bar with Google Cal is set *SO LOW* that this should have some relatively easy early delivery options for your team.

• bertus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use FRUUX.COM for Calendar, Reminders and Contacts. For free when used on 1 or 2 devices. And Tutamail for e-mail, easily encrypted when needed (not as awkward as PGP).

• Ome Yo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks guys! I had a paid account before & surely will upgrade from free again as soon as the calendaring feature is available. Can't really be arsed to migrate before ;) Hope you understand :)

• abolitionist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a race between you and protonmail. Who will be the first with a fully functioning and integrated calendar?

Nice email but your losing credibility with the constant claims about when the calendar will be finished.

Clearly it's in high demand & you've been claiming it'll be released since 2016. It's becoming a joke.

I'm a premium customer & am more than happy with the email service.

• John Chiofolo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on the calendar?

While I love your vision, the app, and the improvements over the years, one area in which you tend to perform poorly is setting expectations. I would much rather hear, "Calendar in another 1.5 years" rather than being told "in the next 6 months" every 6 months.

Is there any updated time frame on when the calendar should be released?

Thanks.

• Kate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't mind if the calendar sucks at first as long a I can finally ditch my Google one. What's the time frame?

I have patience. With two paid accounts, what more can I do.

I agree with Marta, but I hope you will come with a nice surprise.

• Marta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Building an encrypted calendar is at the top of our to-do list right now..."

Except for all the things that are even higher on the list.

And once we are done with ALL the things that are higher on the list than the calendar, then we will do the calendar. Or at least, TODAY, we are telling you that we will.

----

Listen up, Tutanota guys: Maybe if you built the calendar first, you'd have an easier time meeting all those deadlines you're missing for promised features. How many times have you promised the calendar "by the end of the year" or "in the first half of 201X?".

• ep commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bet you won't be able to do it by the end of june. As usual.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base