I suggest you ...

An encrypted calendar

I am searching for a fully encrypted cloud-based calendar.

2,089 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  AdminTutanota Support (Admin, Tutanota) responded  · 

Building an encrypted calendar is at the top of our to-do list right now as we desperately need a solution to schedule and share calendar entries securely ourselves. However, first, we have to finish the new client to push it our of beta and update the Tutanota Android and iOS apps so that you can use your encrypted mailbox with very good speeds and many more features on all your devices. Once we are done with that, we will build the encrypted calendar.

Thank you very much for your continuous support.

105 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ome Yo commented  · 

Thanks guys! I had a paid account before & surely will upgrade from free again as soon as the calendaring feature is available. Can't really be arsed to migrate before ;) Hope you understand :)

• abolitionist commented  · 

It's a race between you and protonmail. Who will be the first with a fully functioning and integrated calendar?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Nice email but your losing credibility with the constant claims about when the calendar will be finished.

Clearly it's in high demand & you've been claiming it'll be released since 2016. It's becoming a joke.

I'm a premium customer & am more than happy with the email service.

• John Chiofolo commented  · 

Any update on the calendar?

While I love your vision, the app, and the improvements over the years, one area in which you tend to perform poorly is setting expectations. I would much rather hear, "Calendar in another 1.5 years" rather than being told "in the next 6 months" every 6 months.

Is there any updated time frame on when the calendar should be released?

Thanks.

• Kate commented  · 

I don't mind if the calendar sucks at first as long a I can finally ditch my Google one. What's the time frame?

• Anonymous commented  · 

I have patience. With two paid accounts, what more can I do.

I agree with Marta, but I hope you will come with a nice surprise.

• Marta commented  · 

"Building an encrypted calendar is at the top of our to-do list right now..."

Except for all the things that are even higher on the list.

And once we are done with ALL the things that are higher on the list than the calendar, then we will do the calendar. Or at least, TODAY, we are telling you that we will.

----

Listen up, Tutanota guys: Maybe if you built the calendar first, you'd have an easier time meeting all those deadlines you're missing for promised features. How many times have you promised the calendar "by the end of the year" or "in the first half of 201X?".

• ep commented  · 

I bet you won't be able to do it by the end of june. As usual.

• Andrew commented  · 

15 days until July so how is the progress?

• fristedt commented  · 

I'd love to see this happen

• Carlos Llorens commented  · 

Hello,
        There are any news about the Tutanota Calendar?
        I'm waiting for it, and I think there are more people espectant.
        In my case, my decision to become a premium customer depend on that.

• Marta commented  · 

Calendar is DESPERATELY needed. But only a month remains "in the 1st half of 2018". Is this still an up-to-date commitment from Tutanota, or will the calendar be delayed yet AGAIN?

I (we - my business) desperately need a searchable calendar to run the business. If this was offered, I'd pay €5/month, no problem.

---

For the person who wants something similar to Google Keep below: Try Turtl (open source, encrypted), Inkdrop (encrypted) or Boostnote (local, open source, sync how you like).

• Sanjary commented  · 

Don't just make Calendar a Premium feature.

Hi there. I understand that you guys need all the help you get. But not everybody can afford that. And most of the Premium features are perfect for Business, I assume.

Thanks

• ste commented  · 

along with your encrypted calendar , will you be setting up a feature like google keep, to jot down notes etc? it would be nice for me to avoid using google altogether

• John Chiofolo commented  · 

As the first half of 2018 gets closer to ending, do we have an update or estimated timeline on the calendar?

• Marta commented  · 

Please include the following features:
        - abilty to subscribe to other calendars published online
        - search: I need to know when I last met a customer / went to a meeting on a specific topic, etc.

The email search is an excellent feature, especially for encrypted stuff. So please reproduce this for the calendar function. Thanks!

• ep commented  · 

waiting for your calendar in order to switch to tutanota as primary email provider

• Rutiwer commented  · 

Is there any update?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes I like to close my google account i'm just waiting to your implementation of calendar

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base