I suggest you ...

offer a Dark Theme

I strongly prefer "Dark Themes" instead of "Light Themes." Dark themes are much easier on my eyes (especially when using the computer for long periods of time) and also Dark Themes are more energy efficient because light output is reduced.

I use the Gnome-3 dark theme for my Laptop and now that Firefox 35 has arrived the devedition offers a Dark Theme. Would love to have a Dark Theme setting option available in Tutanota as well.

1,644 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mohmoh shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Tutanota SupportAdminTutanota Support (Admin, Tutanota) responded  · 

We are excited to let you know that a dark theme is now available with our brand-new Tutanota mail client: https://mail.tutanota.com/

Do you like our new design? Please support our development team by upgrading to Premium for only 1 Euro per month! (The upgrade process currently only works in the old client.)

Thank you very much! :)

Please find more details about our completely rebuilt secure email client on our blog: https://tutanota.com/blog/posts/secure-mail-public-beta-release

38 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I seem to be getting a lot of email with blue text, and the dark theme makes the text unreadable. There should be a way to tweak the settings of the dark theme

• Ketil Ervik.Ketil Ervik. commented  · 

I think, like many others, that one should be able to choose a significantly finer look at the email appearance / themes. For my part I hate everything that's black, so I hope you give us the choice in that area, as I hear you will change this in the net release!

• ChrisChris commented  · 

Hi team, thank you for your fast argumented reply... and good news :-)

• ChrisChris commented  · 

Quote :"We estimate to release our new client as public beta in a couple of weeks"... Really? You wrote that two months ago, and still no new client in public beta... About the dark theme, it's very slow just to improve a simple CSS file... Honestly, is there really a new client, or is this pure marketing?

• Wilf KWilf K commented  · 

I hope the monitors of this "Comments" section, will remove the borderline racist comments, from the so-called Judge Jeane Marie Tanner. If she is indeed a judge; one would like to think she would have had more common sense, and appropriateness, than to come out with this kind of diatribe. If people have a comment about a specific feature for Tutanota - then THAT is what should be taking place here! This is NOT a place, for someone to be using as a personal "soapbox" for their opinions, on or about non-Tutanota matters.

• Wilf KWilf K commented  · 

The new mobile Android app, sounds like it will be great! Cna hardly wait!

• JakoJako commented  · 

OH YES THANKS FOR THE UPDATE!!!!

• WAZAAAAAWAZAAAAA commented  · 

I came here just to recommend this. Yes please dark theme, it's easy on the eyes.

• ynorzinumynorzinum commented  · 

Ótima ideia, um tema escuro fica muito agradável, principalmente para quem passa longos períodos de tempo na frente do computador.

• GulGul commented  · 

I second the suggestion for a dark theme; more comfortable for my eyes.
        Thank you for your efforts.

• JaZcJaZc commented  · 

Would love a dark theme

• User77User77 commented  · 

This is a fantastic request, which would make many users move to tutanota-premium as their main email provider. You should provide this sooner rather than later.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Would definitely use adark screen if offered.

• JDJD commented  · 

I'd love to add to this post. . .

If you are on a PC using Windows or Linux, and using Chrome, Chromium, ( or most Chrome based browsers,) or Firefox there is extension called "Stylish" and dark global "styles" that can be installed from the "Stylish" site.

There also is another extension called "Care your Eyes" that I use sometimes that can change the color of the web pages, and disabled at user whim.

I would like that Tutanota did have a toggle to pick a theme, but only if the devs get time. . . great.But if that doesn't happen, it is still great since we who use Chrome or Firefox, can have a darker, or dark theme to view this wonderful email service.

• JakoJako commented  · 

I would be so willing to donate for a dark Tutanota theme.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base