I suggest you ...

offer a Dark Theme

I strongly prefer "Dark Themes" instead of "Light Themes." Dark themes are much easier on my eyes (especially when using the computer for long periods of time) and also Dark Themes are more energy efficient because light output is reduced.

I use the Gnome-3 dark theme for my Laptop and now that Firefox 35 has arrived the devedition offers a Dark Theme. Would love to have a Dark Theme setting option available in Tutanota as well.

1,520 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mohmoh shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JaZcJaZc commented  · 

Would love a dark theme

• User77User77 commented  · 

This is a fantastic request, which would make many users move to tutanota-premium as their main email provider. You should provide this sooner rather than later.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Would definitely use adark screen if offered.

• JDJD commented  · 

I'd love to add to this post. . .

If you are on a PC using Windows or Linux, and using Chrome, Chromium, ( or most Chrome based browsers,) or Firefox there is extension called "Stylish" and dark global "styles" that can be installed from the "Stylish" site.

There also is another extension called "Care your Eyes" that I use sometimes that can change the color of the web pages, and disabled at user whim.

I would like that Tutanota did have a toggle to pick a theme, but only if the devs get time. . . great.But if that doesn't happen, it is still great since we who use Chrome or Firefox, can have a darker, or dark theme to view this wonderful email service.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Would love a dark theme

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes a dark theme please.

• SodomaillSodomaill commented  · 

Theming must be possible.

• JakoJako commented  · 

I would be so willing to donate for a dark Tutanota theme.

• JakoJako commented  · 

This is a must. PLEASE! Theming must be possible.

• OxOx commented  · 

It is also beneficial to not light up a dark room when checking your emails. The option of Dark theme would be beneficial.

• SnekSnek commented  · 

Say, why just dark themes - why not give the option for multiple themes (different types backgrounds and such)?

• MarkMark commented  · 

I need a dark theme.

• dominiquedominique commented  · 

I would also like a dark theme.

• YieldYield commented  · 

Maybe you can share your CSS so the community could share their own themes like in some kind of contest, integrate those themes with the higher rating into the system.

• AliAli commented  · 

I believe a Dark Theme will also take less energy, and the less energy we can spend on ::-E-mails-:: the better, and I think we can all agree on that. har.

I really enjoy the interface!

Thx for your service.

• MujMuj commented  · 

agreed! Dark is good having as a choice

• abbyBurtonabbyBurton commented  · 

Glad to see that this is under review!

• PrivacyGuruPrivacyGuru commented  · 

I agree Tutanota needs a native dark theme. If you are using Chrome or any Chromium-based browser, (ex. Vivaldi), you can install the "Dark Theme Everywhere" addon/extension from the Chrome webstore. If you use Opera or Firefox, you can use the "Turn Off the Lights" addon/extension instead of the "Dark Theme Everywhere".

• JDJD commented  · 

Hello,
        Thank you at Tutanota for this superb service.

This is a follow up on the "Dark Themes request."

Since I am using Chomodo (it's Chrome thru Comodo,) browser, and I have llocated an "Add on" called "Care your eyes" at Google Store.
        Install and use it to make most any web site use a dark background. It has a nite mode also.

OF course, you may have to click on the "Disable" for any site that already has a wounderful dark background, or the page will not render correctly, and look bad, unless the "Care your eyes, is "Disabled."

But that Enable / Disable can be done in about 5 seconds, by clicking the icon in the state bar. And it remembers the next time you visit that site.

As stated above....Firefox has an "Addon" also called ..."Color that site." and works like the before mentioned.

Again the only problem with those addons is that they don't work for Android.

And even if Tutamota has an Android app, that can download at 1mobile.com, it doesn't have the better choice of a dark themed look.

Thanks again for this excellent email service.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base