I suggest you ...

Notification (sound)

I am using a fairly banal Samsung smartphone model GT-I9100 Android 4.1.2 and the app works a treat - thank you for developing that!

As an email user, I am very careful to confine email work to a time of my own choosing -I am sure that it's a discipline, or life hygien, that you of all people will see the point of... ;-)

So, whilst icon notification is helpful and works well, sound notification is a real problem because it cannot be ignored: it will keep sounding until it is acknowledged, which is irksome in many situations, eg if I forget to switch off the phone when I am driving.

I think it would be important to enable user to customize notifications in "settings": icon on/off, sound on/off.

Many thanks

41 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Andre shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Support,
    do you have an update for us patiently-waiting-folks?
    Can we count on having this feature soon?

thanks

Hi Team,
    the idea has been under review for long months now; any update on the status?

thanks a lot

Thanks for this suggestion, as im troubled by this kind of problem as well.
    A possibility to set an individual sound for receiving emails with the iOS app is in dire need over here! Maybe even simultaneously implement the possibility to set a tutanota-app specific loudness.

Please let there be progress soon.

Thanks a lot!

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wholeheartedly agree, to the point that I'm ready to cancel my Tutanota premium service because of the notification sounds.

Feedback and Knowledge Base