I suggest you ...

Manage multiple Tutanota accounts on Desktop (and within the iOS & Android app)

Manage multiple Tutanota accounts without having to log out (and log) in every time you want to check a different Tutanota e-mail account. For iOS: Take the build-in iOS Mail app as an example where you can add and manage several accounts within the app (with an overview).

173 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
L. Pedrosa shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Emile Pesik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Er, no, aliases is _not_ a solution to handling multiple email addresses. ProtonMail has exactly the same problem. I want to use multiple email addresses on _different_ domains.

Because ProtonMail does not support multiple accounts in the same app either I'm forced to use an alternative secure mail provider for my other domains. This brought me to TutaNota, but now it transpires I have the same limitation here too.

Regardless of whether you want multiple address on the same domain, or multiple addresses on different domains, it is a basic requirement to support multiple accounts in the same app.

Gmail (shudder) has been doing it for years, and you can add as many regular email accounts as you want to email clients such as Thunderbird on the desktop or K-9 Mail on Android.

The other issue with aliases is that when you use one address for business and another one for private messages, you do _not_ want those emails in the same inbox.

So no, aliases are not an acceptable solution, no matter which way you turn it. Multiple account support is not a niche feature, it's basic functionality.

It's crazy that in order to have 3 separate secure email addresses I need to have accounts with 3 separate providers, and have 3 separate apps installed to access my messages.

• King Julien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still, handling multiple accounts would be a great addition. Not all the times aliases do the job. Sometimes one needs to keep things completely separate. eg: work and personal; but at the same time, to have easy access to them. And here it comes a interface that can handle multiple accounts simultaneously.

• Julian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Tutanota team, I agree aliases are better than multiple Tutanota accounts but aliases are useless if I cannot set different name and signature per alias, I have six free accounts for this reason, but, I'd prefer to buy one premium account with more storage and more aliases if you add this feature.
    I think you are better than another services, but you have to implement this feature and many others like 2FA.
    If you implement this option (different name and signature) I'd pay a premium account without think twice.
    Please, answer me.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any progress towards managing multiple accounts from one device without having to log out?

• Jack Aldridge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be extremely useful. I'd like to be able to administer my personal and business tutanota accounts from the same app.

Just what i was looking for.
    Any process so far?
    Will it be possibile to manage multiple Accounts in the apps in the near future?

thanks!

I am not able to log out of my account? why not? I press "log out", go back to my browser (Startpage within Safari) tryp in 'Tutanota' and there appears tutanota already opened. What is that? I expect Tutanota to log out when I click on the "Log Out" tab. Am I doing something wrong?

• Schojo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or like big G did it, with delegated accounts! (and yes, definetly for the Android app as well!)

• digger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why just the the iOS app? I'd like to see it with the web and Android app also.

Feedback and Knowledge Base