I suggest you ...

Delete my account threat

I think you guys should update the delete my account setting so that the account is blocked for 14 days before deletion. This would be a precaution so that noone else might hijack my account and delete it without my consent.

29 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Shawn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Tutanota, just be honest with your subscribers, and admit a "Tutanota" account nCANNOT be deleted? Stop with the "smoke and mirrors" games...

"Tutanota Support (Feedback Manager, Tutanota) commented · January 29, 2019 9:46 AM · Flag as inappropriate

Of course you can delete your accounts whenever you want. For instructions, please check https://tutanota.com/howto/."

Its NOT there, please be more precise?

Dear Tutanota, why did you delete my posts? I gave a detailed an honest appraisal of how it was "impossible" to delete a "Tutanota" account, and you've deleted my posts?

I have a free email account and can not delete or deactttivatte it ,
    It says you must be a paying subscriber to be able to deacttivate your account , this is pathetic

I have tried the delete account button under unsubscirbe...It is not active. What do I do?

• RJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish to close my account too but can't find a way to do it.

I agree, especially taken the placement of the Delete Account option now in the side menu. I must admit (shamefully) that I too almost clicked on that option while getting acquainted with the GUI and all the options. So I guess that marks me as a novice, even when I started off on computers before there was an interwebthing... ;-)

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea is fairly useful to also prevent an unadvised user (novice) to make the mistake of "delete account" unawared of the consequences. I think it has a real chance to happens... :-( --Believe, people are capable of do it.

• Colin Arnott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be useful, so that if someone was to steal your account credentials and try to delete it then you have a chance to change your password and stop the deletion of your account.

This is a fairly standard feature that is offered on most mail providers; I know that gmail offers delayed action for deletion and for disabling the spam filter.

Since tutao does not offer any recovery options for mail accounts, if someone steals your credentials they can lock you out of your account and nothing can be done. So that threat is unresolved; but if your attacker does not change your credentials [say they are a simple troll, not an account theif] and tries to delete your account, you could prevent this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base