I suggest you ...

Custom Notifications

There should be an option to customize the notifications sound and to disable the vibration.

61 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Matthias Pfau shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Todd Leight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a few different email accounts connected to my device- work email from Microsoft Exchange, junk email with gmail, and email from my former employer. I have all three customized with different notification sounds so I can identify emails by sound alone. I would love to be able to set my personal Tutanota app to a distinct sound so I could identify those incoming emails by sound only. It need not be complicated, just let me choose from the available Android sounds.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a new user...and I immediately noticed it is missing the ability to change notification sounds. I see a long thread dating back years requesting this. Shows you do not listen to your users. I will be deleting the app I just downloaded as it is missing the BASIC notification sound ability to change it.

• Žiga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's very disturbing, that system notification is used for new mail notification from tuta. As some say, it's quite annoying by night...
        I even don't need a notification sound... and for now I'm hesitating to move "more eMails" to tuta... because at least 50% of emails I receive is received at night or vey early in the morning.

I really need the ability to filter mobile notifications:
        "[always|never] receive notifications for this [sender|domain]"

I can't have my phone going off every single time I receive an email. But I do need the ability to receive instant notifications for some emails.

• Mikael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the possibility to change notification sound and/or turn it off is very important!

• Wilf K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like this feature to allow a user to select from whatever notification alerys/rings they have, on their Android device. And yes - the ability to turn off the vibration, as well.

Please add the option to enable/disable notification. I dont want to be disturbed by vibrations while I sleep or attending a meeting.

yes, it's annoying as it vibrates even when my phone is on silent mode while i'm sleeping.

Yes, that is a very important feature of an application, I personally want to keep private messaging audible but don't want to be disturbed by all the (sometimes not very important) incoming emails.

• Getoar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Custom notifications should also include the option to tweak the notification message sent to external recipients.

Broader notification management would definitely be a good thing. To my mind this would be the core, together with the ability to disable notifications altogether if desired.

Feedback and Knowledge Base