I suggest you ...

Custom Notifications

There should be an option to customize the notifications sound and to disable the vibration.

64 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Matthias Pfau shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Todd Leight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a few different email accounts connected to my device- work email from Microsoft Exchange, junk email with gmail, and email from my former employer. I have all three customized with different notification sounds so I can identify emails by sound alone. I would love to be able to set my personal Tutanota app to a distinct sound so I could identify those incoming emails by sound only. It need not be complicated, just let me choose from the available Android sounds.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a new user...and I immediately noticed it is missing the ability to change notification sounds. I see a long thread dating back years requesting this. Shows you do not listen to your users. I will be deleting the app I just downloaded as it is missing the BASIC notification sound ability to change it.

• Žiga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's very disturbing, that system notification is used for new mail notification from tuta. As some say, it's quite annoying by night...
    I even don't need a notification sound... and for now I'm hesitating to move "more eMails" to tuta... because at least 50% of emails I receive is received at night or vey early in the morning.

I really need the ability to filter mobile notifications:
    "[always|never] receive notifications for this [sender|domain]"

I can't have my phone going off every single time I receive an email. But I do need the ability to receive instant notifications for some emails.

• Mikael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the possibility to change notification sound and/or turn it off is very important!

• Wilf K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like this feature to allow a user to select from whatever notification alerys/rings they have, on their Android device. And yes - the ability to turn off the vibration, as well.

Please add the option to enable/disable notification. I dont want to be disturbed by vibrations while I sleep or attending a meeting.

yes, it's annoying as it vibrates even when my phone is on silent mode while i'm sleeping.

Yes, that is a very important feature of an application, I personally want to keep private messaging audible but don't want to be disturbed by all the (sometimes not very important) incoming emails.

• Getoar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Custom notifications should also include the option to tweak the notification message sent to external recipients.

Broader notification management would definitely be a good thing. To my mind this would be the core, together with the ability to disable notifications altogether if desired.

Feedback and Knowledge Base