I suggest you ...

Offline Access

Currently the android and desktop versions of tutanota require an internet connection. Some caching ability would be nice, such as the ability to store the top so many emails, where such a value could be modified as a user modifiable variable.

106 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Colin Arnott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no function at the moment to read emails on the IOS app that were recieved online to then be read offline later... without having to open the emails while online all individually first..

Super frustrating... Imagine trying to obtain a boarding pass at the airport but realised you didnt open the email booking earlier when it was sent to you.. while you were online

Strong request for offline access to folders please. Essential requirement before I could consider migrating.

An alternative quick fix might be to include the ability to forward one or a selection of mails to a pre-configured alternative email address with a single button click.

With such a feature I could quickly and easily fwd to, say, Gmail or Yahoo any items that I might need whilst mobile/flying.

• Supported commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No official response from Tutanota. That app loading time is mad annoying. A local cache would help alleviate that and make me happy.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many event tickets and boarding-passes for flights are sent by email. Requiring internet access to access these is problematic, especially when abroad.

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a feature I'd very much like to see.
        To keep it simple, not sure it has to be encrypted, as suggested below. Most of us who value our privacy keep our devices locked down and encrypted anyway, so if they fall into the wrong hands our data will be safe.

• George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd really like to see this as a desktop app, that allows *all* emails to be downloaded to local directories. It's particularly useful when travelling or in other situations where internet access may not be available for extended periods - and especially if Tutanota is the user's primary email.

• Kris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I would also like to request offline access for the iOS app

Yes please. I'd appreciate this in the web app, but a browser-independent desktop app would be even better. The cloud data, which was already encrypted on the client side, would be downloaded to the desktop app's local folder(s). Here it would remain encrypted at rest. I'd like to see AES-256 as the standard, with the option of additional layers of encryption (Blowfish, Twofish, etc.) and multi-factor authentication. This could also be an option for the mobile apps. In this case, go to the app settings and say whether or not you'd like to store data offline, and select the types of data kept (emails, contacts, calendar, notes, etc. as they become available as features). Same encryption methodology, with the addition Touch ID support on iOS.

Feedback and Knowledge Base