I suggest you ...

Encrypted Cloud Storage

An online drive (like DropBox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.) that is linked to your email for storing documents, pictures, etc.

1,589 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    liz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

88 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love Tutanota cloud storage, but I don't like having to install software on the computer to get it. For example SpiderOak offers secure cloud storage but requires the user install software onto the computer, which I don't want to do.

Is it possible Tutanota could offer secure cloud storage without requiring that users install any software on their computers? Tutanota could provide users a certain amount of storage free and if users want more they could pay to get it?

• AdminTutanota Support (Admin, Tutanota) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In a first step encrypted cloud storage could be realised via the browser only.
        In a second step, of course, the integration with local file systems should be implemented, but not from the start.

• Alex Then commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually think is a complicated issue. Would it be a traditonal online storage service? Would having to divert resources to creating the necessary apps for different platforms: windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, android, etc. be too much too handle as this time? Especially with the *hopeful* requirement of the clients being encrypted, open source, etc. Don't get me wrong, this would be great. As there is no open source and encrypted cloud storage out there other than disk42. I guess it could be still accessed from an adapted version of the email app. But I still think the computer apps would be ideal.

Tl; dr : What would this mean, *exactly*?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Integrate encrypted file-sharing! This is something I haven't found anywhere as easy as it would be with Tutanota!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a feature I've been dying to find again. Since switching from Google Drive to SpiderOak, I still have the ability to share files in a Dropbox-like manner using the Hive folder. But I've lost the ability to easily access a cloud-only option a la Google Drive. I'd be more than willing to pay a reasonable fee for this one, though I think a free option would encourage wider adoption.

1 2 3 5 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base