I suggest you ...

Encrypted Cloud Storage

An online drive (like DropBox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.) that is linked to your email for storing documents, pictures, etc.

1,589 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    liz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

88 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Pit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be awesome to have a serious European all-in-one alternative to less trustworthy US companies, since not even their European satelites are safe for the all-american law and No Spy Agency.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second the idea for encrypted cloud storage. Runbox (which is also secure) has a "Files" link to upload/store files (in folders), which I have found useful.

Also, if there was a way for users to adjust the font, that would be helpful. Tutanota's (default) medium-large font is fine, but it would be nice to have smaller fonts to read larger/longer e-mails.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our right to privacy given to us by the constitution has been incrementally stepped on and ignored..illegally taken from us by government and daily interaction with police. Edmund Burke; Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny. The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion. All that is needed for the triumph of evil is for enough good men to do nothing. So yes, I am in favor to our right of privacy in all forms of communication without government watching and listening.

• david Synot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bonjour oui pour un cloud crypte securisé et faire de tutanota un puissant comme google mais sécurisé, je n ai pqs les moyens pour l instant mais je vous soutiendrais financiérement des que possible bon developpement et longue vie a Tutanota

• Hardware commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As you may already know, the current providers of encrypted cloud storage suffer from the deficiency of not providing open-source encryption. Wuala was one (they're closing up, for unspecified reasons), and their customer base is being encouraged to switch to Tresorit, which touts that their encryption has never been hacked, despite a $50,000 reward. But that's kind of immaterial since, with no independent audit, there's no assurance the encryption engine itself wasn't written with a back door to the NSA (or whoever), so the whole thing fails miserably in the crucial element of trust. As far as I know, if you stepped in with your open-source code, you'd have a corner on the market for cloud storage. Go for it!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please! I would love for Tutanota to have encrypted cloud storage without having to install any new software. Don't trust Microsoft for storing my files as far as I can throw them!
        Mark

• Tim Malone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would agree that the email client needs to be made more user friendly and we as users need to have better organizational abilities within our clients so we can find things. I think that the suggestion for a partnership with Mega sounds like a fantastic idea. It is really nice to have a unified solution that allows for a one stop shop.

I would submit one thought: developing perfect security is a falsehood. Good security is possible, but perfect security will never happen. To say that Tutanota should get their email security perfect before adding other features would make it impossible to ever move beyond email security at all. There has to be a way to multitask the development or we will never get out of the stone age.

• Cor-Jan Tolkamp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, please add owncloud for combined usage. owncloud 8.1 supports online editing and can be connected to other file storage services like dropbox (to my knowledge not yet oaktree nor MEGA :( )

• webdav fanatic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Tutanota Support

> In a first step encrypted cloud storage could be realised via the browser only.

> In a second step, of course, the integration with local file systems should be implemented, but not from the start.

For me, one of the greatest features of OwnCloud is the WebDAV access. It is simple, cross platform, and usually doesn’t require any third party software, at least on most Linux/OS X/Windows installations.

I suggest you make WebDAV access the second step and the native integration with local file systems the third step.

Thanks for making awesome software!

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not right now! Do one thing right instead of two things only mediocre. Focus *soley* on the email for now. Once it is as close to perfect as possible, then branch out.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Docomila. Concentrate on tutanota e-mail (make the interface a bit more user friendly etc). In the mean time we can all use mega.co.nz cloud storage as it gives 50Gb with e2e encryption. That said, the two of you would make an epic team together

• Docomila commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is wonderful for storage. But email is for communication and the two disciplines are mutually exclusive. One does not depend on the other. I would prioritize maximizing a feature set for the email client first then worry about cloud storage and calendars later. My two cents.

Feedback and Knowledge Base