I suggest you ...

Encrypted Cloud Storage

An online drive (like DropBox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.) that is linked to your email for storing documents, pictures, etc.

1,134 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    lizliz shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

64 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Capt. T.W. AmbroseCapt. T.W. Ambrose commented  · 

It's not a money issue for me, rock solid security is my only concern and I like the way things are headed with Nota. Keep up the good work.

• Carlos Henrique Merces MoreiraCarlos Henrique Merces Moreira commented  · 

Tutanota and Tresorit could make a premium plan together... 100GB on Tutanota costs 12 Euros, the same 100GB on Tresorit costs 10.42 Dollars. What if the space is shared between both services?

• 2L&O2L&O commented  · 

Anybody who works in security know that it would be a fantastic idea provided that the hosting
        servers are redundant and secure - Geography and facilities

• mariamaria commented  · 

just a I gb cloud storage - browser upload, nothing complex. Email in perhaps?

• ThierryThierry commented  · 

This feature is great, but Tresorit offer it at the moment. Why not look at some kind of partnership, instead of re-inventing the wheel ?

• jabrwkyjabrwky commented  · 

Many await this feature.

• markdmarkd commented  · 

In an effort to avoid using dropbox or google locker, I just had to use mega.nz to send a friend some files that were too big to use tutanota email service to send. If I had the option to use a tutanota file storage service, I'd use it first every time as I don't trust google to not spy on who is downloading from their locker service.

• MarcoMarco commented  · 

It would be great!

• ChrusChrus commented  · 

ps, those people who keep saying this isn't your core focus...

they need to wake up and realize that there is no libre cloud storage free software based web cloud storage at the moment... Which is why we need this very badly.

This would be the first probably.

I will gladly pay $30 a year if you will implement this feature and give me 3 gigabytes per year to store my documents.

• ChrisAChrisA commented  · 

I agree with Greg (Nov 17, 2016) and would prefer to see your core offering i.e. encrypted mail further developed to include the most popular features requested such as PGP integration rather than starting an encrypted file storage project as useful as it might be. If I want to store files on-line then I encrypt them myself to ensure security rather than trust Mega or whoever.

I agree with Anonymous MEGA has been compromised majorly to the point where even kim dot com says he doesn't trust his website anymore.

• Anonymous commented  · 

MEGA? srsly, the company of kim dot com that has been taken over by shady chinese investors? if you host any sensible data there, then sorry, you are dumb.

• NKNK commented  · 

The world already has Mega. They already have good software written for a lot of platforms. Don't re-implement that concept until you've first fleshed out the email feature set.

do support nextcloud, it is like owncloud, only it is going to be developed in the open.

We desperately need this, the best alternative currently is openmailbox.org + nextcloud or owncloud.

So yeah Tutanota needs to host cloud storage. even if it starts out as paid only support, ie 2gb with the 12$ a year package.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Privacy is a major issue and this site is a fantastic idea

• CocoCoco commented  · 

And please, use a local encryption capable platform. As much as I like Owncloud (I don't know about its evolution, NextCloud, though), it performs encryption on the server, so our files travel just "protected" by the already NSA cracked https channel. That's obviously inacceptable.

• GregGreg commented  · 

I would argue that this is not your core focus. Until email is rock-solid, please don't get distracted!

• SJSJ commented  · 

I would love this! Please keep up your AMAZING work! Free is always better, but with competitive companies google, I can see why donations are extremely helpful at this point. I'd be willing to take on the responsibility if you are hiring for such positions..?..? Think about it and email me back. Have a BLESSED Day in JESUS name I pray! =)

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base