I suggest you ...

Encrypted Cloud Storage

An online drive (like DropBox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.) that is linked to your email for storing documents, pictures, etc.

1,324 votes
Sign in
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    liz shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

Sign in
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Tco Tco commented  · 

Seems like a lot of effort and money for something that already has very established parties. If not encrypted or non encrypted.
        Mega is a good option (current Mega is very different from the old one), Sync another.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Oh please yes my friend a open source end-to-end encryption for increase your beautiful skills fu** Gmail keep safe

• securex commented  · 

That would be great and also if we can encrypt the cloud using 3rd party tools like boxcryptor

• Kety Perry commented  · 

Why not just encrypt everything yourself and use a regular cloud service?

• Dazza commented  · 

nextcloud / owncloud would be good

• Raph commented  · 

I second the idea that in terms of secure Cloud storage, Tresorit is a good and mature product and I would love to see Tuta focus on a secure calendar and/or secure contacts rather. Joining synergies with Tresorit might be a sensible choice in an increasingly competitive environment.

• Nick Peters commented  · 

It would be a great new feature, as I dont trust Google, or microsoft

• Jeff commented  · 

It would be an incredible feature.
        Is it planned for 2017/2018 ?

• Capt. T.W. Ambrose commented  · 

It's not a money issue for me, rock solid security is my only concern and I like the way things are headed with Nota. Keep up the good work.

• carloshmm commented  · 

Tutanota and Tresorit could make a premium plan together... 100GB on Tutanota costs 12 Euros, the same 100GB on Tresorit costs 10.42 Dollars. What if the space is shared between both services?

• 2L&O commented  · 

Anybody who works in security know that it would be a fantastic idea provided that the hosting
        servers are redundant and secure - Geography and facilities

• maria commented  · 

just a I gb cloud storage - browser upload, nothing complex. Email in perhaps?

• Thierry commented  · 

This feature is great, but Tresorit offer it at the moment. Why not look at some kind of partnership, instead of re-inventing the wheel ?

• jabrwky commented  · 

Many await this feature.

• markd commented  · 

In an effort to avoid using dropbox or google locker, I just had to use mega.nz to send a friend some files that were too big to use tutanota email service to send. If I had the option to use a tutanota file storage service, I'd use it first every time as I don't trust google to not spy on who is downloading from their locker service.

• Marco commented  · 

It would be great!

• Chrus commented  · 

ps, those people who keep saying this isn't your core focus...

they need to wake up and realize that there is no libre cloud storage free software based web cloud storage at the moment... Which is why we need this very badly.

This would be the first probably.

• Chrus commented  · 

I will gladly pay $30 a year if you will implement this feature and give me 3 gigabytes per year to store my documents.

• ChrisA commented  · 

I agree with Greg (Nov 17, 2016) and would prefer to see your core offering i.e. encrypted mail further developed to include the most popular features requested such as PGP integration rather than starting an encrypted file storage project as useful as it might be. If I want to store files on-line then I encrypt them myself to ensure security rather than trust Mega or whoever.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base