Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • arf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I came here to express my thanks for this long overdue, basic feature.

Thanks!

But it is still in Beta, so not yet implemented...

• Dimitvi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely a must-have-feature.
    To be honest, it disturbs me that it's not there right now.

Would it be able for the Tutanota team to provide us with an rough estimation when their clients can expect this feature?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please can we have the ability to mark email us unread, I often read emails but cannot deal with them immediately, and need some way of identifying them.
    It would also be useful to be able to pin or flag posts.

I'm migrating to protonmail, mainly because of this missing feature.

The lack of feedback from Tutanota is deafening.

What's so hard about implementing this?

Why is it not considered a high priority?

• Chaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would suggest the following additions to this excellent site:

1) put the 'sign in' box more centrally on the home page... it's annoying to have to move the cursor down to the bottom of the screen (off the screen, on a small screen!)
    2) when replying to an email, it would be very convenient if the cursor went automatically to where one enters text.
    3) As per the othe rmessages below, it would be nice if the unread emails were somehow marked as such (as in Mail, for example).
    4) When composing a new email, it would be very convenient if the cursor went automatically to the "to" line (again, as in Mail).

Meanwhile, great job, Tutanota!

I am surprised it is not already an option. I spent a lot of time looking for it before I came here to vote on this one.

Still under review since January 2015?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just noticed TutaNota doesn't have this. Small feature but very important when you read an email but can't reply right away.

• tanz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems so inoccuous a feature but it's actually critical. I still stick with gmail for a lot of email because once it's read in tutanota, i can't make it unread and i use my email as a to do list.

• Jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must if you use rules to move incoming mail to folders and you have more that one folder! All that then happens is you have to click on EACH folder in turn to see if there is any unread mail. So defeats the purpose of having rules unless you just use rules to move unwanted mail to spam. I agree there is little point to have "mark as read or unread" switch but it would be helpful to have the ability to flag important mail.

• critt58 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To avoid snoopers reading your mail and then leaving it as unread to cover their path, have a number and time/date stamp to indicate how many times the email had been read and when.

• Fhman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss this basic feature every day. There is no way of marking emails that you need to return to.

• tuti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

very dificult to work with an email account that you cannot mark as unread once you opened the email.. Please fix it asap

• Schrödinger's Cat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have. Currently I have several unread emails but they appear as read because of the way Tutanota by default opens the next email when you delete or move the previous one (this must change, too). Obviously this comes against a good email organization.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base