I suggest you ...

Show Additional Information in Notification

Can we have the option to show email subject and message preview, as a toggle in the settings menu of the android app. While I understand that it should be default to show nothing for security purposes, some users may have secured their hardware sufficiently to deem it appropriate to show such text as a notification.

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Colin Arnott shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Todd Leight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with this! I would like to know at a glance if the email is time sensitive or from an important sender by glancing at the notification, instead of seeing "New email received" and needing to log into the app to see if the email is worthy of my immediate attention. I suggest that the DEFAULT setting remain show nothing sensitive or revealing, but instead allow users to elect to show sender and/or subject line in the notification if they so choose. This would make Tutanota more useful for power users.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this as long as the caveat to show nothing by default is respected. My end point is highly secure, but unless I want to use Google Glass (I don't), nothing will pass the WebEx test as I call it. In other words, if I'm sharing my screen in a meeting, I don't want my colleagues to see the contents of my personal emails (or even the sender/subject) in a desktop notification.

Feedback and Knowledge Base