I suggest you ...

Printer-friendly option (Download as pdf, print)

I would like to see a print button added that would allow you to print emails and export to PDF.

136 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to use your service, but I have to have a decent printing option, including one that works from my phone. Chrome prints only part of the window in question and the graphics, which I absolutely require, (barcodes) don't download from the US Postal Service e-mails. Looks like I have to go to Protonmail too, unfortunately.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

today is 04/07/2018, is there a better option now, just signed up and have to easily print emails

Yes, like a kind of print layout popup window would have been nice. Meaning; having a "print mail" button in the general layout which would provide a popup window showing what would be printed. Then having a "print" button in the popup print layout window itself :) Otherwise thank you for a great e-mail service.

Still can't print an email! Sorry folks, this is just not OK - it is now 2018. Moving on to protonmail...

• Dee Cee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Help us understand why we'd upgrade to premium when we can't print emails?

• John Chiofolo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? When I print through the new interface (https://mail.tutanota.com/mail), it prints the left hand pane but not the actual highlighted email.

And I find it interesting that you're pushing to get people away from the Big Brother Google, and yet you're suggesting people use Chrome. I don't use Chrome, so that's not an option for me.

A cleaner Print interface is something we should have this far along.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry, not the last comment but it was over two years since it appeared.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As its over two years since the last comment on this thread and which was from Tutanota Support saying "there is a work around by using Chrome - until we implement a better option".
        Has that better option been implemented yet then?

• ET1982 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of a formal print option after +1 year of operation is likely damaging the long term prospects for Tutanota. Despite the security enhancements, use of this email service for professional activities is not optimal without basic functions like print view and search.

• Bella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Email is after all a major communication channel in the modern world. So, let's say you use Tuta to communicate with a provider of some sorts (e.g. a phone, ISP, or even an electricity provider in Germany). How can I save all the important confirmation email that will be sent to the provided email address? And please do not refer to a archive? cloud option, because that also implies legal responsibility (Haftung) for the stored documents. Then again, if a print option exist, a PDF print is a non-issue, since this is user-side software issue, and already available on most major OS's. The suggested browser print (CTRL+P) option you suggest is endearing, but not professional. Furthermore, this would be a viable option if the email would be in a separate frame, thus giving all important data and the complete text. Suggesting CTRL+P as is, is just as practical as advising users to make a screenprint.

• Samir Jadhav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The browser print option also includes the web interface in the print out. It would be more preferable to have an integrated Print and Print as PDF option which will only include the Header, Subject and Content of the email. The attachment can be linked to as a a link in the PDF, which can connect back to the Tutanota Email system.

• Hi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support. Tutanota team, please don't forget about downloading as pdf too.

• Jude commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Doesn't work too well with Tor Browser. The Folder bar on the side prints the folder names on top of the contents of the e-mail. Any chance of fixing that? Thanks.

Haven't done it myself yet, but is there a possibility to print only the frame with the message? Otherwise a target=_blank in combination with a Print link/ button/ option might be the way to go. Then if the new tab is opened, the browser print option (either toolbar button or CTRL+P shortcut) can be used for a nice and clean page print. Whether the user then wants to print the page to file (PDF) or hard copy is up to her/ him. Just thinking out loud ;-)

• Jason Hernandez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ctrl+P works pretty well in the latest stable version of Chrome. The rendering of emails in webmail / printing is never perfect, but I'd consider this in the ballpark of other email clients and decently usable.

You might want to consider adding a button to the UI at some point, since I don't think ctrl+P is obvious to non-technical users. Of course, this adds clutter and might not need to be a high priority.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base