I suggest you ...

bad UI design, wasted screen real estate

I should not have to scroll left-right to see an entire email. Pop out or full screen would help too.

27 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Brad shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • me commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is a deal breaker. definitely wont pay for such bad design.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that the UI is not bad at all. It's clean, uncluttered, efficient. If you have trouble seeing all of the real estate a simple CTRL+, CTRL-, and CTRL0 lets you resize your display easily. Then again, I must admit that an immediate preview of the message contents is rather cumbersome. Just listing the messages in the inbox, and only opening them if clicked by the user sounds more sensible and a better use of space. On top of that, I can remember that in the past email clients caught a lot of flack for doing that, since it does present a safety risk. After all, it is for example pretty easy to for example construct a java containing message (and javascript needs to be on for Tutanota) that is executed because the message opens automatically...

I have to agree with the original post, as it was one of the first things that bothered me and made me look up for a solution...
    Sure, some UI improvements can still be made, but a Full-Screen option to read mails is absolutely mandatory!

(A little off-topic, but speaking of mandatory, how can composing an email not include options for fonts, styles, links, text alignment and language direction - etc.. ??)

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Got to agree that the UI needs some remedial work. Visually it is not quite right yet.

The UI also needs some work and more features such as marking mails as unread, deleting multiple emails simultaneously

• GG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm fine with the general design. It's not cluttered, easy to look at, and easy to scan for the information I'm looking for.

But I'd really like to be able to disable the animations. The look cool at first, then I get tired of them, don't want to wait for them, and they make me a little dizzy to watch when I'm tired.

I wouldn't necessarily say the UI design is bad. That said, I would be in favor of an option to resize the different panes on the page using click-and-drag. I also look forward to seeing how the UI shapes up as more features are added, particularly with respect to the left- and right-hand sidebars.

Feedback and Knowledge Base