Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Allan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add import emails and contact's. The sooner the better. Thank you

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not a option ! you talk about security to hide the message, but it s security too ! if you can't export or import email your not free, so not in total security.

• James Wood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have recently signed up to Tutanota and wish to import all my archived mail from my previous email account. This is really important to me and hope a solution is implemented very soon.

• dojohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FINALLY! tuta seems to approach the 1980s by allowing to select a few messages for export at the same tme. good job. now lets move to 1990 with full mailbox export and set the target to the year 1995 with encryption key export. Err ... we are a few decades later, the year is 2017 tutanota folks, not 1980.

• ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Product is generally superb but this is the big one for me:

Importing contacts from Exchange/O365
    Importing emails from Exchange/O365

Then it's feasible to roll this out to my business.

• Open Haddock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please provide this feature. some people *cough* me, would like to archive my archive locally. and since compatible secure IMAP (or similar) clients are non-existant. please add this simple feature and I will love you for enternity.

sorry i get emotional about geeky crap ;)

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems crazy that an email service with so many other great features completely strikes out by missing such a basic yet critical feature like this. I nearly signed up for a paid account, but luckily I did some research instead of following my "of course they have this basic feature" assumption. Locking in customers by not offering bulk export is a complete non-starter.

• Jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like this feature, as I like to have back ups of my data just in case.

• NK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the feature I want the most, if I understand the feature request correctly.

I come from Gmail and the functionality I want is what is found on the Gmail Settings -> Accounts panel. That allows Gmail to act as a client to my other mailboxes and pull emails in, which is superior to forwarding emails from the other mailboxes.

This is a fairly substantial feature request but it's at the top of my wishlist.

[Paid subscriber. Thank you.]

is it possible to import simply the contact list from Yahoo so i can email more people from tutanota? i believe i saw a link showing how to do that, but it did not work for me.

Most of the people I know have email accounts which can use IMAP/POP3. So it would make perfect sense to enable IMAP/POP3/whatever way to get those emails from current unsecure email accounts into Tutanota. Once this is done, we can close this connection and also close previous email unsecure account (gmail, yahoo, Hotmail or others).

This will give Tutanota new set of customers in a short time, as people are either lazy to migrate (if there is a way and unfortunately there is none so far) or mostly do not want to lose their historical emails. Give them the tool and they will move! There is no other way how you guys would push users to migrate to Tutanota big time.

Tutanota guys! Don't spend money on promoting Tutanota premium accounts. Enable POP3 and/or IMAP connection to other email services to migrate emails to Tutanota and you have a lot of new customers and you can pay it from your marketing budget (this is how we do it in corporations once IT department is useless, so business will find the way how to get the tools they need).

For sure people keep their historical emails, so they would need/want to pay for more storage as well. You have the business case here, so do it!

Is there any other reason you would wait for that? It is like a bank account. People will move from one back to another one faster, if new bank helps them to migrate, so they do not have to do it themselves. In case of your email, make it easy for people to migrate to Tutanota (not all of them are tech savvy) and you have new customers! Otherwise you will end up like a second bank account where there is almost no money. And I believe you want to be primary bank account (primary email) with a lot of traffic and paid premium services.

How many supporters you need to justify this functionality? Read what I wrote above and you should not need anymore and you can start. And publish this on your blog, that you work on it. People will like it and wait for that. If not, they would move to other secure alternatives.

I am sorry, I am a business guy. I want to pay you my money, but you do not have what I want and I want to move 6 people on private domain with around 40 GB to Tutanota.

Cheers.

I appreciate the option to export emails and I would welcome a batch export for convenience. I trust Tutanota according privacy, but I would like to have the said option for data security to avoid data lost.

• Martijn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you have the catchalls I need (or so you say) now all I need is to actually be able to MOVE my mail history from gmail over to you and you will have a most loyal paying user!

Feedback and Knowledge Base