Roberto shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

111 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with the other uses here. Without importing my emails from Gmail, I cannot completely switch to Tutanota, which will be in best case a secondary E-mail client, not the E-mail client.
    Please prioritize this update :) Thank you!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is for me the same as: allow me to download a backup of my tutanota email. The other one has 350 and this one 364 votes. So approximately 700 votes.
    Do you agree this has the same functional wish as the other one?

• Dion Burn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Openmailbox has been a pain lately, but so is switching over to a new webmail. I would prefer to use Tutanota, and have paid for premium, expecting to be able forward my openmailbox stuff and use Tutanota from here on out, but I didn't realize I couldn't do that yet. Here's hoping my votes will make this possible!

• KS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got excited about starting with Tutanota, but not being able to import my old gmail emails is preventing me from using it at all. Please add this feature.

This one is crucial. In case of shutting down tutanota (or crash) I will loose all my email. That's a high risk for me!
    Keep continue with the good work!

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I once again vouch for this feature. Global export to an archive, as well as multiple-select and export are what is holding me back from switching. I want to archive my mail locally, and not having this is a no-go.

• Maruel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anonymous summed it up on his comment from February 26, 2016 7:23 PM

I would like to migrate my emails from gmail -> import feature
    I would like to be able to leave tutanota if I want -> export feature

I could even live without the import feature because I have too many emails on my GMail and I'm personally happy to start fresh.

However much I'd like to, I simply cannot make the switch to a provider that doesn't let me easily extract my emails. Locked in forever? That's a no go. It is perfectly possible that in a few years I will want to migrate again and there is precious information in my emails that I want to keep.

Tutanota team, you should really take this seriously. Most if not all other providers (like protonmail, posteo, mailbox, mailfence, etc.) support exporting everything *at least* on their paid versions. This means that if I ever wanted to get my data out, I could at least pay to do that. With you, I feel I won't ever have that option (considering the request has been floating around for about 3 years now). So I cannot allow myself to move to your service.

• Paul Fisher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Repeating a concern expressed on October 10, 2017 10:27 PM, The current export function saves the message locally to an eml file but the content is encrypted. One should be able to export to to an eml file in readable format. All I cab do is cut and paste to a text file, not an elegant solution,

Another thing, Ctl-h simply tells me "No email headers available for this message."

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Priority for heavy duty users, who are most likely to also be premium users, so if you want more premium users, please add this feature...we have 3 domains and are looking for a provider and this is holding us back. Thanks!

I Am eager to be able to import email from an external source, when that feature is available

• R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi. After hard work I created a account whit Tutanota.
    But after creation I see some feature missing.

As Imap,Pop3 etc.
    And this is under Review sense 2014?

I see you have done some progress as importing contacts.
    https://tutanota.com/blog/posts/release-notes-new-client-2-24-1

But Importing external e-mail is a +++++
    As Imap, it would be acceptable for premium user only.

Just now Im thinking if another mail provider would be simpler
    But you have my paranoid brians confidence of keeping my mail safe.

Please update us.
    I will decide on my mail provider 27 January.
    I have 3 domains looking for a home.

Please support this feature! It will make integrating my personal and business accounts much simpler.

• Frans Schrijver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is a go/nogo for me and for many people to fully migrate to tutanota. See remarks from William Paul Ligget. Please add this feature asap!

• Josie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this still not a feature? I want to take an archive of all my mails to start the new year fresh - why on earth is an email application that gets so many other things right so cumbersome in this regard? Please work on this. This is important.

@Tutanota Support
    You really should consider a feature of importing emails from other providers, it could be developed as a external extension (middle-man, to say so), that could fetch emails from gmail or whatever and then load them in a specific folder in tutanota account.
    This is a MUST if you want people to migrate to your service... one can't simply abandon all their emails for your new service... and if they still have to keep the other providers just to check old emails, then what is that big deal of changing?
    Please, think a bit in perspective. Thank you

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Tutanota - how are we supposed to use your service if we cant get our old emails into your email accountt? We won't look at numerous providers to search through all our emails

• Celine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just signed up for Tutanota and agree, I cannot use it really until I can import my emails from my yahoo and gmail so I can get started. Please expedite this addition :) Thank you!

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I signed up for Preumium and I find the interface settings area hard to use but I like the service. My problem is the same. I have to be able to get a large number of email messages out of 2 gmail accounts. If I can't do that , then I have to abandon Tutanota for now. Also tried Protonmail - same issue.

Feedback and Knowledge Base