Roberto shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

110 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, almost four years have passed since the start of this thread for the fundamentally important capability of being able to import emails from GMail, et al., into Tutanota.

This is literally priority one for many current and prospective users of Tutanota.

Four years...

• Luis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please keep us informed WHEN you will add this feature... priority number 1 !

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also a dealbreaker for me. I need my email all in one place.

This is literally the only thing preventing me from joining. I'm literally considering paying much more money for protonmail because I can switch to them. How can I switch to a new email provider without my existing emails?!

Bonjour,

Comment peut-on importer des contacts dans Tutanota ?

Je n'ai pas trouvé comment faire, merci pour votre aide.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a showstopper for me unfortunately. I was just about to upgrade to the paid service and switch my domain over, but I can't use a service that I can't get my data out of.

• Lemmy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without the ability to import email, Tutanota is useless for me.
    So sad.
    IMAP & POP isn´t possible on encrypted mail, isn´t it?

• wf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to import all email from GMail is absolutely necessary.

This should not be a particularly large development task; about one person-month to implement, test, and deploy seems like a reasonable estimate.

Come on Tutanota, make it happen!

• difool commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To all who are anxious of their email once Tuta should go out of order: THINK!!! This is Open Source!!! You could always create your own Tuta from the sources. So even exporting encrypted is no issue as long as I can save my key by which my mails are encrypted.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Encrypted email is a great idea and credit goes to Tutanota, but how do you expect people to move over to your service if we can't import? I've tried - it is simply not practical. Imagine the uptake if you could provide an actual method to easily roll over from gmail. The apps and client should come secondary to this feature- do it right and the increased number of users will solidify your presence ....and then you can finish off your secondary features (which by the way are very important too). Until then most of us are just not going to use your product even though we desperately want to!

• soren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the possibility to import/export emails. without that your product is really just a toy...!

• Klemperer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would certainly be a very good feature - I am no tech-expert and do not know if there is any possible encryption-problem coming with it, otherwise I'd be all for it.

On the other hand, it is no hard work to just copy important messages myself - and face it, in times of 15 calls and messages just to get 1 meeting done ("I am close to you - I can already seeeee you!") 99,99% of all mails of this kind are simply trash. So until this is a feature, I have no problem to save my mails myself in a folder (if I wish so, gpg encrypted on linux^^) I do it at the moment - write the mail, save them in Linux. Not useful after 1 year and hundreds of mails, but very easy 1 to 1.

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be an important feature making it possible to switch to Tutanota.

+1
    Please work on the import. I would like to get rid of Gmail as well. But cannot afford to loose all the history.

• Val commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wanted to add my voice to this request... It's odd (to say the least) that Tutanota hasn't even bothered to respond even to their premium users, so what's up with that? I just recently signed-up as a premium user, really like the product and would very much prefer to move away from Google but missing features like this one keeps me from doing that...

I suggest everyone (particularly paying customers) directly email support and ask for this feature to be implemented, maybe this will shuffle their priorities. I could live without IMAP / POP3 if they create a Windows client, but I REALLY need to move all my emails from 10+ years of Google

Users are not coming to your service shiny and new. We have a history (e.g. - our emails). And, we need to keep it with us. We come to you because we are looking for a place where this history will be safe along with any communication we do in the future. Not providing a method to bring our email history with us puts us at greater risk because we must operate using multiple platforms. Please make using your service more secure by including a feature to import/export our mail.

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with the other uses here. Without importing my emails from Gmail, I cannot completely switch to Tutanota, which will be in best case a secondary E-mail client, not the E-mail client.
    Please prioritize this update :) Thank you!

Feedback and Knowledge Base