Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Peter Garcia-Webb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To Support re checking the roadmap for when importing emails will be ready. Of course the roadmap does not give a date, nor would anyone expect it to. However what is clear if the item is a long way down the page. Can we infer therefore that the implementation is a long way down the calendar? Is it measured in months or years. Who knows.
        I do know that to me it is very important. I suspect it is to other also.
        In the end it would seem to be a matter of return on investment. How many new customers or preventing the loss of old customers will happen if you do or do not implement this?

• Peter Garcia-Webb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To my mind there is nothing else you can implement as important as this. It is a nonsense for me to keep another email system alive just to know what I said in an email a week or a month or a second before I start using Tutanota. I agree that the facility is new to your rival Protonmail, but it is there. Currently it just does not make sense for me to start using any new system that does not include this. I would prefer not to use Protonmail; the only alternative is to wait with my current system for ???? months or years until you get a round to it

• Maxim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Almost a year later since last Tutanova representatives response and it looks like there is still no solution for this, right?Looks like ProtonMail is a better choice, even at higher price — with import tool and smart IMAP bridge.

• Si commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. It's so frustrating this can't be done. And there are no work arounds because of the no IMAP availability.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously... How am I supposed to move in if I can't take my mails with me? Forward them one by one? Jeeezz...

OK. Went for a walk to clear my thoughts. I set up Gmail to forward the Gmail emails to my Tutanota account. I can open them in Tutanota or Gmail and slowly convert all my contacts to use the Tutanota account.

When installing Tutanota the install process allowed me to import my Gmail emails and the Gmail account is still linked to my Tutanota account. I would also like to link another email account to my Tutanota account but cannot find a way to do it. There is, obviously, a method of linking the accounts but I cannot recall when or how I did it. Shall try to work out how it was done and hopefully post the result here.

My aim is to dump my gmail account and switch to another email service. Without this import feature, Tutanota don't really have any use for me.

So, almost four years have passed since the start of this thread for the fundamentally important capability of being able to import emails from GMail, et al., into Tutanota.

This is literally priority one for many current and prospective users of Tutanota.

Four years...

• Luis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please keep us informed WHEN you will add this feature... priority number 1 !

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also a dealbreaker for me. I need my email all in one place.

This is literally the only thing preventing me from joining. I'm literally considering paying much more money for protonmail because I can switch to them. How can I switch to a new email provider without my existing emails?!

Bonjour,

Comment peut-on importer des contacts dans Tutanota ?

Je n'ai pas trouvé comment faire, merci pour votre aide.

• Lemmy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without the ability to import email, Tutanota is useless for me.
        So sad.
        IMAP & POP isn´t possible on encrypted mail, isn´t it?

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base