Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Si commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. It's so frustrating this can't be done. And there are no work arounds because of the no IMAP availability.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously... How am I supposed to move in if I can't take my mails with me? Forward them one by one? Jeeezz...

OK. Went for a walk to clear my thoughts. I set up Gmail to forward the Gmail emails to my Tutanota account. I can open them in Tutanota or Gmail and slowly convert all my contacts to use the Tutanota account.

When installing Tutanota the install process allowed me to import my Gmail emails and the Gmail account is still linked to my Tutanota account. I would also like to link another email account to my Tutanota account but cannot find a way to do it. There is, obviously, a method of linking the accounts but I cannot recall when or how I did it. Shall try to work out how it was done and hopefully post the result here.

My aim is to dump my gmail account and switch to another email service. Without this import feature, Tutanota don't really have any use for me.

So, almost four years have passed since the start of this thread for the fundamentally important capability of being able to import emails from GMail, et al., into Tutanota.

This is literally priority one for many current and prospective users of Tutanota.

Four years...

• Luis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please keep us informed WHEN you will add this feature... priority number 1 !

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also a dealbreaker for me. I need my email all in one place.

This is literally the only thing preventing me from joining. I'm literally considering paying much more money for protonmail because I can switch to them. How can I switch to a new email provider without my existing emails?!

Bonjour,

Comment peut-on importer des contacts dans Tutanota ?

Je n'ai pas trouvé comment faire, merci pour votre aide.

• Lemmy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without the ability to import email, Tutanota is useless for me.
        So sad.
        IMAP & POP isn´t possible on encrypted mail, isn´t it?

• wf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to import all email from GMail is absolutely necessary.

This should not be a particularly large development task; about one person-month to implement, test, and deploy seems like a reasonable estimate.

Come on Tutanota, make it happen!

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Encrypted email is a great idea and credit goes to Tutanota, but how do you expect people to move over to your service if we can't import? I've tried - it is simply not practical. Imagine the uptake if you could provide an actual method to easily roll over from gmail. The apps and client should come secondary to this feature- do it right and the increased number of users will solidify your presence ....and then you can finish off your secondary features (which by the way are very important too). Until then most of us are just not going to use your product even though we desperately want to!

• soren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the possibility to import/export emails. without that your product is really just a toy...!

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base