I suggest you ...

2-factor Authentication

Multi-factor authentication is not a luxury anymore, it's a basic necessity for any service that truly puts a high value on privacy.

1,426 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our brand-new beta client now supports 2FA with U2F (eg YubiKey) as this is the most secure option and TOTP. More options will follow so let us know which you prefer! :) Please access the new client here: https://mail.tutanota.com/

You can find more details about our new client on our blog: https://tutanota.com/blog/posts/secure-mail-public-beta-release

You can find more details on 2FA in our FAQ: https://tutanota.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1201942-how-does-two-factor-authentication-2fa-work-in-t

Do you like the improvements of our brand-new beta client? Feel free to upgrade to Premium (it’s only 1 Euro per month) and support our developers! Thank you. :)

133 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • skywheel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hmmm.... I was going to move fully to Tutanota Premium account. But no 2FA... Last Tutanota release on Github was 25th of January... Now I have doubts...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I signed up today and tested out the service. I like what I see but was disappointed with the lack of multi factor authentication. I signed up as premium, added my own domain and added a user because you offer me exactly what you want. I will leave it running for 6 months but I will not be using the service for anything serious until mfa is in place. If not by Dec 2017 I will cancel.

• thefox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I eagerly await this feature & will immediately begin using it, as soon as it's available.

• crocket commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ProtonMail has TOTP two factor authentication.
    Tutanota needs to surpass ProtonMail by supporting TOTP and FIDO U2F.

• Michal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You are way behind other secure email service providers with this one. This is a urgent must.

• Tur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can not believe that since 2015 this planned and do nothing, also different name and signature for alias and other important features, so expect one to use premium tutanota instead of competition? Moving to another service

• User77 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Planned for 2017 is not enough! This needs to be available for yesterday! Seriously, this tutanota needs to support 2FA asap! As soon as you do, I'm moving becoming a premium member.

I agree with what most people are saying here, I can not use Tutanota as my primary email until 2FA is implemented. However its become a very, very long wait and the planned date of getting this feature just keeps changing longer and longer into the future. Its very frustrating.

Hi Tutanota Staff,
    You have the beginnings of an awesome and safe email service. Please finish the basics by offering two factor (cell phone, app (Google Authenticator, Authy, etc.) authentication and ROCK your email service! Once you complete two factor, everyone Worldwide should use your service for their Financial and other important email. Thx In Advance!

• Carl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please stop planning and action. There is no point locking the cupboard and leaving the front door open!

• Zurk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been planned since 2015, I hope you can make this a priority and make it happen this year! Spammers and hackers are on the prowl, we can't afford to sit on our hands and hope for the best. Given the risks out there, people are more willing to sign up for your services if you keep up with the advances in security.

• Galt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement 2fa now!! It will make you the best email provider in the world. A lot more businesses and professionals would start using your business more.

Feedback and Knowledge Base