I suggest you ...

Password suggestion for agreed password to external recipients.

I would like to have the possibility to let Tutanota suggest a random generated password for external recipients.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminTutanota Support (Feedback Manager, Tutanota) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

since there is STILL now ay to communicate with OpenPGP users there really should be a better way to communicate with NON-tuta users.
    There is no way to securely pick an agreed password with someone on the other side of the planet.

I like tuta, but i hate tuta for not having an option to communicate with openpgp users.

The agreed password is only usable with people who you can meet face to face. But when you first get to know someone online who lives on another continent then how will you be able to pick an agreed password in a secure manner.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Password suggestion for the external recipient should be a key feature, thus avoiding other ways of communication.

• Winston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Optional password suggestions on the registration might also be helpful

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. This would encourage use of unique passwords for each conversation, making it easier to for users to keep themselves secure. Of course the real challenge is communicating the password securely, but such is life in the word of symmetric-key encryption. Perhaps leveraging SMS, voicemail or an OTR-enabled authenticator app/browser extension. Lots of potential for spitballing on this topic.

Feedback and Knowledge Base