I suggest you ...

Conversation View

svnpenn via github:

Gmail has conversation view.

I have been looking for a privacy-conscious email service that offers this as well. I have been using OpenMailbox and RiseUp, however they both use RoundCube software.

RoundCube has had a ticket open on this for 9 years so who knows when they will implement this, if ever. Please add conversation view so I can dump Gmail for good.

711 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Matthias Pfau shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Gaspacchio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news about when will it be released? It is the main reason why I am not converting each member of my family to use it, because conversation view is so handy!
        You mailbox looks soooo much more messed up without it, I can't wait to see this feature implemented.

• Anónimo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

reply : Tutanota Support (Administrador, Tutanota) comentado · 31 de mayo de 2017 23:39

October 2018 conversation view???????

• Marta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please move away from Gmail. Oh, except we have no...
        - way to import email
        - calendar (let alone a searchable one)
        - conversation view

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

I am enjoying Tutanota a lot, especially now that I can search my mail. I would like to move to Premium and also pay for extra storage, and slowly move away from gmail. However, going from a mail program that has conversation threads to one where each new reply is a new email is difficult. I see below that in May 2017 there was a message stating this feature was in the making. I wonder if some indication can be given about when this might be implemented, as in 'near future' or 'not in a long time'. It's the only thing that is stopping me from going to premium and paying for storage.

No convo view is making me reconsider using tutanota. I like the privacy, just never dreamed it wouldn't have conversation view. I often have back and forth conversations. It's difficult to find them if I have to switch folders from inbox to sent to inbox other email, etc.
        Please allow a conversation mode. Don't make me go to ProtonMail!

• Aleksandr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the sore thumb for communication with my group of friends. It is the reason that people go to alternative services (like Protonmail, mailbox.org, and Mykolab) or choose to continue using Gmail. I think that anyone who uses Tutanota for any kind of long-winded conversation will agree. Implementing this feature will give a major usability boost to Tutanota for teams of people.

• john commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I very much need conversation view before switching from fastmail to tutanota. It's absolutely necessary to have thread/conversation view. Not having is a deal breaker.

• Biggi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh dear me... Please no... No this rubbish conversation view thing... I've to concur with one of the other remarks below. I too couldn't understand why they persisted in this fad, and didn't respond to the pleas of their users to make it an option that you could turn off. In the end they did. After more than a year, after many left over it. So please Tutanota, please, if you implement it, please also give users the option to disable it...

• Julien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you think that it would be possible to have the GUI for this feature in the next to be released client version ?

Thanks.

• AdminTutanota Support (Admin, Tutanota) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has been implemented on the backend already. It is just the GUI that is missing. However, we are currently working on tasks with a higher priority. It may take some more time to finally implement the GUI....

Hi, It says above this topic that this is 'planned', but that was added June 29, 2015. It is now almost June 2017. Can we have a realistic indication whether or not conversation view is happening or not?
        Thanks

• User77 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very sad to see that this is not an option yet... Please support this!

• RJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please dont even thing about this nightmare. This is reason why I left protonmail. Never add conversation view, or you can, but only if its an option, never force users to use this...

May it be AN OPTION, pleaaase!! We are many hating conversation view, and had to use another app than Gmail because of this. It's an absolute nightmare for business. Thank you!

This feature is very very helpful, please implement this in order to keep tutanota as our main and sole email service!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base