I suggest you ...

Pin lock for mobile app

Hey folks, could you also incorprate a pin lock in the next update for the mobile app?

193 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    swaroop shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having a AppLock is a must it will enhance the security without again logging in

A PIN for security would be wonderful. It beats logging in each session.
        Thank you for any consideration.

• TA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, app lock isn't the greatest of security measures, but it is better than nothing. iOS, if properly configured will wipe the phone after a number of failed attempts, which makes even a simple PIN barrier quite a hurdle.

• Viv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is based on feedback I left on the Apple App Store.

Guys, fingerprint/PIN locking is a must. I am not sure how a security conscious email provider introduced an app without this feature.

I will not be using the IOS app until you release a version with app level security. I consider it risk and have logged out of my account to maintain account security.

• evilrobotted commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me, this is essential. The options now are 1. type in your long password every time or 2. keep the password saved so that anyone using your phone can access it. PIN support solves both of these problems.

• Photo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not much of touchID fan but it might help other users, but remember touchid is not 5th compliant.

But PIN unlock is definetely an important request. Please make this a priority incase one prefers to save password in the app.

• Martijn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Considering the core of tutanota users are all about privacy and security, adding a PIN possibility would be completely logical! Or even connecting it to the fingerprint when available

this is incredibly important, so much it will determine whether tutanota is safe to use on mobile platforms. i hope it is considered as soon as possible. In meantime, Applocker is a workaround,

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any chance to develop this option in close future? I think that it's a important feature for better privacy in Tutanota mail/app.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I would like this too. Much prefer the pin lock as a part of the app rather then installing separate app to handle that.
        Thanks

I do agree, particularly for iOS. In the case of Android, certain security apps (such as avast!) include app locking which enforces a PIN code for any apps you choose.

Feedback and Knowledge Base