or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Martin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminTutanota Support (Admin, Tutanota) responded  · 

It was more complex than expected, yet, here we are: You can now search for encrypted emails and encrypted contacts within our new beta client: https://mail.tutanota.com/ :) Search takes place locally on your client so that the server does not see any of your search queries. Please find more details on our blog: https://tutanota.com/blog/posts/first-search-encrypted-data

If you like this update, you are very welcome to support our development team by upgrading to Premium (it’s only 1€ per month). For upgrading please click on Premium in the top menu bar while logged in with our old client: https://app.tutanota.com/

Thank you for your support!
    Your Tutanota Team

Ps: By upgrading you are not only supporting our development team, you are also getting more features including a much more extensive search tool.

117 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mad As commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Search doesn't appear to be available on latest Firefox. Require to use Google Chrome spywarez

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the most amazing thing, searching on encrypted email! Awesome job! I can not start using this more as my main email rather than gmail. Search was the main thing that made it difficult. Well done team! Keep up the great work!

Great job! However, I still can't find search option on Android App, I upgraded and tried both through APK and browser, is it not available on mobile? Thanks!

• Guy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just tried it and the search seems to work well. I also liked the revamped interface in the beta client.

One thing though, it would be nice to be able to perform actions (eg. delete, move, etc) on search results.

Otherwise, nice work :)

Is there a way to select multiple mails in a "search" to move them into a folder? Would be cool to sort emails after we finally got the "search"...

• B.O commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Thanks for this absolute necessity.

I was looking for an email where I had some access to a website.

I typed in 2 keywords: "ServiceName password"

It didn't give me any results. When I finally found the email, the ServiceName was at least one time in the email subject and several times in the corpse of the email. The password keyword was in the email once. But it didn't find it.

I thought that maybe it was because the email was in a folder, but even when I searched that email from the folder where the email is, it didn't find it.

So how that works?

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

• Carlos Ra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey your services es very good. And I appreciate the cost and the service that you offers. But the client is very slow and is very frustrating not have the search function.

Add a search function!!! This lack of basic functionality is surely an embarrassment for Tutanota.

• Leons Sosad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You guys have been promising for YEARS to add a search? What in the world ? This is craziness.

• Leons Sosad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not being able to search is ridiculous, trying to find old work emails and it's impossible. Loved this site, but it's time to move on to a service that actually lets you search your emails.......

• Bx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please ensure that search covers all terms in attachments as well as inbox subject and body/ case insensitive. Like others here I am also waiting to upgrade.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base