I suggest you ...

Let Tor users create accounts (through Tor) or at least tell them the attempt will fail BEFORE making them wait for several minutes.

Honestly, how much more dismissive and poorly thought out could it be than to make a user wait for as long as fifteen minutes before finding out that the registration failed? It amounts to being antagonistic, accidental or not.

Please either make signing up over Tor possible, or notify the user that it will be impossible *before* they try to sign up.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah, agreed. this is completely unfair and it boils down to eroding trust: "you promote TOR connections & sign up for privacy... but doesn't allow first registeration through TOR pretending IP problem?!?! It sounds strange for me as you specify to do not keep track of IP's... then why do you need to check them???"

• An commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

oh! this is the explaination!

I'm trying since days to create an account through TOR and it failed every single time!
        The error message displayed was asking to retry again... not to forget because it is not allowed.

Come on Tuta, this is not a very good impression for newcomers!

There's no communication in your FAQ...

And you promote TOR connections & sign up for privacy... but doesn't allow first registeration through TOR pretending IP problem?!?!

It sounds strange for me as you specify to do not keep track of IP's... then why do you need to check them???

Feedback and Knowledge Base