I suggest you ...

Please, add two-factor authentication to mobile app

I'm a paying customer. Not having two-factor authentication support on the mobile app is an important negative point.
At the moment, I am locked out of using the app on my mobile due to this. And disabling 2FA should not be the solution.
This feature is a must have, especially if you wish to attract more clients and support.

137 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Cherub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any progress on 2FA and the iOS App. This is a must have IMO.

I'm also having difficulty logging into Tutanota mobile with 2FA via Safari on iOS.

• MB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At last the beta androi app is working with 2FA and a Tottp token generator (Lastpass authenticator in my case) (but still not working with a yubikey)

Well, it does not work in my case. Enabling 2FA , I can authenticate on the website with my security key. On my phone, after having enterered my login and password but before I'm even prompted for my key an error message says (translated from french) :" Please accept thi connection from another client. Your security key is not registererd with that domain" ( Android 7.x , Huawey p10, custom domain added to my paid tutanota account)

• Duozen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should never be imposed upon the user, many may feel more secure with it but, others do not feel it necessary......unless you love entering passwords left, right and center al the time, let’s start using fingerprint & facial Tech instead!

• Michel Bénard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, it's June :any ETA? This is very frustrating : at the moment it is either 2fa or the mobile access

• Tetiana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, it's beginning of May 2018. And your iOS app is now saying: "You have enabled second factor authentication, so login in this old client is not supported any more."
        But where's the new client??
        Guys, you should make it work. We really need it, it's a critically important feature.

By the way : I have a NFC U2F Key. With it I can log into my github account using 2FA with chrome. But I cant login into my tutanona mail account: after entering my credentials , chrome prompts and asks for the security key: after putting the U2F key near the phone, the tutanota web sites says that an error occured.

• gillman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have exactly the same issue. I use 2FA using a Hypersecu Hyperfido Mini key, the cheapest of all the U2F keys, which works brilliantly. If that fails, then I use the Authenticator app. Urgently need to see 2FA on Android

• ep commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please speed up this feature, it's impossible to use a 2FA even if on the web it is enabled

• A Nonno mess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What other forms of two-factor authentication are available without having to rely on information harvester companies like Google and Microsoft...and their "partners"?

• TA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would prefer locking/unlocking functionality. Two-factor in mobile apps often leads to both factors being available on the device. That's very low security combined with the hustle of security theater.

A simple app locking functionality that wipes the keys in RAM is more appropriate in my opinion.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base