I suggest you ...

An office suite like office.com (microsoft) and google docs.

Please make something like word online, onenote, powerpoint, stuff like that. But they would all be encrypted. That would attract peoples like crazy. I would use it as my primary office suite AND I WOULD PAY FOR PREMIUM AND EVEN GIVE A LITTLE EXTRA IF YOU CAN MAKE THAT. Although this service would be free.
--
Best regards for Tutanota,
@.

153 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Clairvaux commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not reasonable. Encrypted mail is a moving target, it's difficult to get right, and it's a critical need.

Tutanota is a very small team. Developing an online encrypted suite would be a very big project. That's not for them to do.

Even supposing they got 10 times larger in a short while, there would still be plenty of things for them to develop around the concept of mail, before getting there.

• A Nonno mess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the ability to use office suites from my computer, and if I want others editing them, they aren't edited en masse by potentially 20 or more different people at the same time. I like the former way, whereby a document is created, edited and then eventually released. I like sixhundred's comment about libreoffice's online suite. I love and use libreoffice, but don't use online suites for anything. I like my documents to go to people I want them to go to, and not to anyone else. The security vulnerabilities would be amplified by introducing such a system - in my opinion mind you...not stating I'm right or wrong - and keeping the email platform secure would become very difficult as resources would be divided across many boards, allowing for creep as such. No, creep isn't the name of the person who is being creepy. That's Creepy Crawley! Creep meaning that it would be a lot slower to detect vulnerabilities as there would be a plethora of other angles allowed in.

• sixhundred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if you want to use an online office suite which is not ms or google why don't you try libre office online. others have said here that it takes a lot of resource to develop and maintain an office suite.

• jP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Create and maintain a full blown office suite with a staff of five people, are you guys for real? :D

Consider that the office suite we now know as LibreOffice has been in development for 33 years (since 1985) with hundreds of developers involved. Microsoft has been developing their office for 27 years now (since 1990), though actually word has been around since 1983 and excel since 1987.

Writing a new office suite from scratch would be a monumental undertake, if one wanted to have any kind of near decent feature-set. So please don't even go there, keep tutanota simple and functional :)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think OP is looking for a hosted/browser based solution.

Which is available in NextCloud. If you aren't up for setting that up yourself, there are hosting providers you can pay to administer your server.

I'm sure there are other options as well, that's just one that I'm aware of right off the top of my head.

I agree with others who have said to keep it simple. Unix philosophy, one small tool for each job. Avoid feature creep.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@bold offering an office suite isn't that easy to create it a huge project that will take time and money to make it work and they are just an email service for now and if you want an open source office suite there is LibreOffice

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

TN should just focus on email and maybe encrypted chat...not office.

• BOLD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Joe, I do not see a problem in offering an office suite.

In your case, just access the email. Somehow, it would be possible to hide the suite from your dashboard.

It does not mean that you do not like it, that others can not have interest.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No, no, no. If you want something like that use mailbox.org.

I like Tutanota because it is simple.

Feedback and Knowledge Base