I suggest you ...

Allow switching to dark theme from settings

Currently in new beta version of tutanota the only way to switch to dark theme is using the option in login screen. I think it should be available also inside settings.

169 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mohammad Rafigh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be swell to have an url to bookmark too. Clicking every time is bothersome, while in-settings option won't affect prelogin screen
        say mail.tutanota.com/login-dark

I agree with this idea. Took me forever how to figure out how to change the theme back and forth.

This means A LOT more to me than it "should". My default window for my browser is email and I want to reduce power consumption as well as not be "blinded by the light" of a white background. Thank you.

Might be worth adding that at least during beta the new client is avalable at mail.tutanota.com - and not via app.totanota.com. The latter loginpage does not offer an option to use the dark theme. The former does. The dark theme looks nice btw. Cudos.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A dark theme switcher woud be a nice addition. I use dark when it get's darker at night but now by default so a switch button would be very welcome.
        I don't need all the extra stuff suggested by Try Two unless it can be achieved with zero impact on page size, load times, ram usage, ...

• Try Two commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

even better, a client "appearance" tab under settings, which could include things such as:
        . theme (light / dark / other colors / custom / import)
        . compact / cozy / etc. (for email list spacing / whitespace, to fit more)
        . (maybe) viewing pane location (right / bottom)
        . language?
        . display message snippet (on/off)
        . etc / others that people like / look good

Feedback and Knowledge Base