I suggest you ...

Fix your spam filter so I don't get "exceeded email limit"

I've been using this Tutanota email address actively for over a year and just yesterday got "exceeded email limit", still having that problem today. I urgently need to reply to an email I received, but I can't. A reply clearly shouldn't be caught as spam by the outgoing filter. Also, older accounts shouldn't have the limit either. I sent 5 emails before I hit this limit. The limit was hit on an email that had maybe 15-20 recipients that was never sent out. So I hit the limit from successfully sending only 5 emails. That is absurd!!

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
declined  ·  AdminTutanota Support (Feedback Manager, Tutanota) responded  · 

Unfortunately, there is no simple solution to this problem. On the one hand, we want to permit fully anonymous usage of Tutanota and on the other hand we have to protect our mail servers against spammers.

These limits you mentioned are dynamic and are adjusted based on the spammers usage of Tutanota.

Please upgrade to a paid account if you need to send mails to many recipients.

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alan Gibson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this problem as well. I do not see how the number of emails I have sent could be anywhere enough to justify being classed as a spammer. I am involved in a campaign which will rely heavily on email communication.

I just upgraded to premium and am still can't send emails - is this a scam?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have upgraded to a paid account and still the message appears "exceeded mail limit", why ?

Feedback and Knowledge Base