I suggest you ...

Email options for editing font (Bold, Italiacs, Underline, etc..) other encrypted emails use it, so why not Tutanota?

Email editing. How long before it's implemented?

98 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JC shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alpha Beta commented  · 

Is there atleast a temporary way of implementing color?

• YSB commented  · 

I agree that this is very important.. I think It would be even better if Tutanota supports HTML (*_*)

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would like to have the ability to change the size of the text ... this is very important to me.

• Anonymous user commented  · 

Hi. Please, dear developers teams, as long as you are working on this very important topic, please please never forget to add support for Right to Left direction of writing. Currently users can use Arabic language but paragraph will appeared aligned to left of screen. Please notice that I do not speek about alignment only but about Right to Left direction. For example: currently if use write an Arabic line ended by "!" then the character ! will appeared at begin of line not at it's end.

Also, it is very important to add alignment options, like:

- align left,
        - align right,
        -center horizontally, &
        - justified

All these are very important - & unfortuantly currently absent from great e-mail like tutanota !!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I can't wait for this option :)

• AdminTutanota Support (Admin, Tutanota) commented  · 

Hi X,

on desktop browsers, you can use Ctrl+B, Ctrl+I and Ctrl+U to format your text.

Embedding pictures is possible in our new beta client - public beta will start soon. :-)

• X commented  · 

Hi, I was just going to post this.

Here is how I think it should be implemented.

On the Desktop browser, you should have visible Bold, Italics, Underline, Color (for font only), and most importantly embed picture. The embed picture is particualry important because there are important use cases when simply attaching pic is not sufficient. Examples is when writing email instuctions to someone on how to do something step by step with screen capture images for each step. Missing this means I'm simply unable to write certain types of email with tutanota. For a business, this is devastating.

On the mobile screen, there should not be formatting buttons visible by default. When you long press or when you select some text and then long press.... the formatting buttons should pop up with the following options (Copy, Paste, Bold, Italics, underline, Image, Color). Once you select one of these options or you click else place, the formatting options pop-up should disappear.

• Forester commented  · 

Thanks JC, this is a great idea!

Feedback and Knowledge Base